Security increased at key sluice gates to prevent unauthorised opening

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivY8Alk5gl477ABDovBxEjRCSVEyxLsdDO3UfrT.jpg

Thailand’s Royal Irrigation Department has ordered all sluice gates in key dykes to be guarded around the clock after a recent incident involving the unauthorised opening of a gate in the Sam Kok district of Pathum Thani, causing alarm among people living downstream as the water level in their communities suddenly started to rise.

The department’s deputy director-general, Thaweesak Thanadechophol, said today (Friday) that the increased security at the country’s main sluice gates will be kept in place until the flooding problem has eased.

He also said that he has instructed irrigation officials at the sluice gates to seek help from the local police or administration officials if they are short of manpower to protect the gates.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/security-increased-at-key-sluice-gates-to-prevent-unauthorised-opening/

Logo-top-.png

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Interesting, I wonder what happened last time there was widespread flooding....

In 2011 the same thing happened.  Sluice gates were opened, sand bank levees were pulled apart by people upstream so they could reduce the flooding in their area.  I doubt it will be different now.

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

In 2011 the same thing happened.  Sluice gates were opened, sand bank levees were pulled apart by people upstream so they could reduce the flooding in their area.  I doubt it will be different now.

Yes I recall that.....