Massage Etiquette

Etiquette question here about paying for massages. I just assumed male masseuses here were gay based on the ones I knew back home. But my usual massage guy is getting pretty hands on in the chest area. Am I supposed to tip? I'm guessing yes but I didn't really ask for the added extra.

:D why is this in the ladies department?

Just hazarding a guess from the OP's posting style, I'd say she is female.

Oh, OK, got it now! I can be very dim, sometimes. :o

I was wondering why a chest massage was such a big deal. Sorry! :D

Edit - If you didn't ask for it, OP, don't pay extra for it. Sounds like it might be as much for the masseurs enjoyment as for yours. Are you comfortable with it? If so, carry on, but don't tip more unless you requested it. If not, make it absolutely clear that you're not comfortable with it and tell them to stop.

Edited by November Rain

Oops, sorry for the confusion, yes I'm female. Not used to flashing my chesty bits around though and it did freak me out a bit. Maybe I should charge HIM if he wants to look and touch :o I think I'm getting my sense of humour back about the whole thing now.

GHS,

This sounds like inappropriate behavior to me. Most Thai women would not have a therapeutic massage from a man unless he were blind or elderly. The fact that you accept a male masseur plus the stereotypes about farang women may have led him to think you were open to something else.

Do all us farang women here a favor and put a stop to it in such a way that he (and his boss if applicable) know this was out of bounds behavior....

GHS,

This sounds like inappropriate behavior to me. Most Thai women would not have a therapeutic massage from a man unless he were blind or elderly. The fact that you accept a male masseur plus the stereotypes about farang women may have led him to think you were open to something else.

Do all us farang women here a favor and put a stop to it in such a way that he (and his boss if applicable) know this was out of bounds behavior....

when are you going back ..........

He's a good masseuse, I like mine deep tissue brutal and he happily obliges. To be fair he works hard for his 85 baht cut of the 250 baht fee. He now realises I'm going to be a long term customer and is behaving appropriately.

Edited by Goinghomesoon