Which goofy categories of expat do you fit into, if any?

Jingthing

I'm an ex secret agent who's lived a life of mystery and high adventure. Now that I have retired behind my high tech security screened secret lair walls I spend most of my days laminating, gardening, and working on my next fake passport so I can continue to jet about the world with my ex-spy cloak of anonymity intact.

2 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Yep, that's me - just want some damn peace and quiet.

Ditto. Came to research a paper and married my dear assistant. Took some convincing.

I love not getting cold, and being bankrupted by Medi(don't)care.

• Like 2

Remembering the good old days, born of romantic literature and lore, when foreigners weren't placed with - nor were required to conform to - this expatriate tag and all the convoluted stereotypes that might be associated. 

This contemporary class has drawn pathetic.

I consider myself a "True Expat" by definition. -  Love my country, just don't want to live in it!!   Have lived and worked in 37 countries and can get myself in trouble in 5 languages including English.

There a Beach out there I haven''t walked on yet.       Peace

The term expatriate and the associate character usually leaves me empty, as there certainly isn't anything special that draws from the fraternity - just the opposite is conjured up. 

Wouldn't be the company that I seek out.....

On 10/26/2021 at 6:45 PM, zzaa09 said:

Remembering the good old days, born of romantic literature and lore, when foreigners weren't placed with - nor were required to conform to - this expatriate tag and all the convoluted stereotypes that might be associated. 

This contemporary class has drawn pathetic.

By 'the good old days' do you mean 'when the natives knew their place'?

• 1 month later...

Autocorrect. If you can't imagine yourself in the heat wearing a pith helmet and pretending you're slashing through the jungle with your rapier to take from the mundane reality there's something wrong with the world.

EDIT: Actually I really am slashing through jungle

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly

1 hour ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Autocorrect. If you can't imagine yourself in the heat wearing a pith helmet and pretending you're slashing through the jungle with your rapier to take from the mundane reality there's something wrong with the world.

EDIT: Actually I really am slashing through jungle

Running the hash?

• Like 1