Thai PM offers gift basket to thank Hollywood star Russell Crowe for promoting “Phuket Sandbox” and tourist attractions in Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

I can just see Crowe gulping down little bottles of Chicken Essence.....

More like several yummy jars of birds nest soup , 4 wooden elephants , a dried pressed orchid , 1 Pla Ra jar ,  1 kilo of sticky rice , fried garlic and a picture of Prayuth and his wife ( unframed. ) 

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Never really understood Australians wanting to come here for the beaches. 

They like vegemite so don't worry about it - there is something wrong with them.  Too many alligator bites?  I don't know....

But I digress...

It's sad to see Thailand's people suffer with no tourism.  I hope that international travel picks up meaningfully next year if not sooner.  

** edited to add **

I'm only kidding Aussies.  I wouldn't want you flaming me using idioms only known to a country of about 25 million. ????  

Edited by Blumpie
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Neither do I to be honest, Aus has some amazing beaches.

FWIW Russ Crow came to make a movie.... and he is not Australian.

yes, he's actually a New Zealander, but his family moved to Australia when he was about 4yrs old.

I believe he owned a property at Nana Glen (30min inland from Coffs Harbour )  , a nice part of the world.

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes, he's actually a New Zealander, but his family moved to Australia when he was about 4yrs old.

I believe he owned a property at Nana Glen (30min inland from Coffs Harbour )  , a nice part of the world.

Co.owner of Syndey Rabbitohs! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Yeah kinda needs that Australian Citizenship to be classed as an Aussie.

• Like 1

"Crowe thanked the Prime Minister for the souvenir and mentioned that he really admired Thailand, especially Thai people’s characteristics and kindness which comforted him throughout his travel."

ah ok, so the massage places ARE open in phuket....

On 10/25/2021 at 4:19 AM, webfact said:

rc.jpg

By Nop Meechukhun

Bangkok – Culture Minister Itthiphol Kunplome, on behalf of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha, met and gave a gift basket to Hollywood star Russell Crowe to thank the actor for publicizing “Phuket Sandbox” and tourist attractions during his trip in Thailand on social media.

Bird on the right looking alluring. Wonder what Russell got up to in Thailand...

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 2:40 AM, poskat said:

"Crowe thanked the Prime Minister for the souvenir and mentioned that he really admired Thailand, especially Thai people’s characteristics and kindness which comforted him throughout his travel."

ah ok, so the massage places ARE open in phuket....

Perhaps a granny tried to grab the staff of a Gladiator......but luckily he had his shield to block grannys advances...