Thai PM offers gift basket to thank Hollywood star Russell Crowe for promoting “Phuket Sandbox” and tourist attractions in Thailand

webfact

That’s nice, but what do all the ordinary schmoes who spend their hard-earned dough in the sandbox get? A poke in the eye with a sharp stick?

BTW, I wonder if ol’ Russell had to apply for a COE and do time in an ASQ hotel?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

That’s nice, but what do all the ordinary schmoes who spend their hard-earned dough in the sandbox get? A poke in the eye with a sharp stick?

BTW, I wonder if ol’ Russell had to apply for a COE and do time in an ASQ hotel?

Yes, he did 14 days in the Phuket Sandbox. I imagine somebody else filled in the visa paperwork for the cast and crew.

20 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

Another pathetic example of the overwhelming generosity of the Thai government when foreigners bring a lot of money into the country ! A crappy little basket of Thai goods. Bet they still want them all to pay tax !

What did you have in mind? A supercar? An elephant? Some gold bars?

Edited by nkg
  • Haha 2

What choice does he have. He up set the electric company a few weeks ago by saying something about all the wiring in the air. So I'm sure his managers warned him he may end up in jail if you criticizes anything here in thailand.  Like a hotel,restaurant,  government, business or company.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Looks like Crowes turning into Danny Devito !

Dont insult the image of Danny Devite! 

Yet, I adore Crowes slippers on an official function as well as Khun Lek, former mayor of Pattaya, who clearly is lost for words again - once a small boy, still a small boy! 

• Like 1