Any alternative to hard dry dog food?

On 10/30/2021 at 9:28 AM, HAPPYNUFF said:

Our Vet back home  told  us that    dry biscuits, either  cat or dog  variety are  very bad for  animals,  full of salt  and   has adverse effects on their liver and kidneys.     I still give our dogs   small amounts, , mixed and softened with a little milk, but make sure there is plenty of water around for them as well.      They have  tinned sardines, chicken bones, chicken liver,,rice  and bones on different occasions. I   try to stop the wife  giving them  those tins of dog food, after reading about the junk in them on You Tube.

Has anyone   bought  those  packs of frozen dog  food  I see in the freezers at Macro, and  whats  their opinion of them??

I buy those occasionally and mix it in with the raw chicken mince I buy at Big C. Adds to the flavour and the dogs love it. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2021 at 12:56 PM, northsouthdevide said:

IMHO  a good brand dry dog food has all the nutrients that your dog needs. 

Its better and more balanced than any wet stuff, as the wet stuff contains water, and a diet of mostly meat would have the same health risks as it would for us humans. 

You do realise dogs are carnivores right?
Any green they eat they generally puke it up within minutes.
Bizarre thinking.

Also for humans meat is the most beneficial part of their diet, the popular myth of healthy vegetables and grains is just that, a myth.
I haven't eaten a vegetable in over a year, nothing but meat, fish and diary.
Never felt better in my life.
My arthritis disappeared in 2 weeks, I went from pain putting gloves on and not being able to walk with the dogs, to running 2k morning and night within a month and I can now do 30 minutes on the punchbag with no rest.
I can remember phone numbers again, memory and reasoning are as they were 30 yrs ago.
All since I went full carnivore.

Before you say "that can't be healthy long term."
I have my bloodwork done at 14 months in, triglycerides 60, HDL ratio of 0.8, zero cardiac plaques.
Liver, thyroid etc all optimum.

That 5 fruit and veg and whole grains is old Big Food lies, they have killed hundreds of millions with that rubbish, as bad as Big Pharma.
Actually the same people...

My cats like Surfin' Favourites, but go crazy for Tuna Chunks...

1001251519_TunaandPurina.jpg.32561a6e73eae4c43b90c2df208d3d1c.jpg 

Oops, just realised that I already posted in this thread a couple of months ago.

The brain's going...

Edited by JetsetBkk

22 hours ago, Steiner said:

You do realise dogs are carnivores right?
Any green they eat they generally puke it up within minutes.
Bizarre thinking.

Also for humans meat is the most beneficial part of their diet, the popular myth of healthy vegetables and grains is just that, a myth.
I haven't eaten a vegetable in over a year, nothing but meat, fish and diary.
Never felt better in my life.
My arthritis disappeared in 2 weeks, I went from pain putting gloves on and not being able to walk with the dogs, to running 2k morning and night within a month and I can now do 30 minutes on the punchbag with no rest.
I can remember phone numbers again, memory and reasoning are as they were 30 yrs ago.
All since I went full carnivore.

Before you say "that can't be healthy long term."
I have my bloodwork done at 14 months in, triglycerides 60, HDL ratio of 0.8, zero cardiac plaques.
Liver, thyroid etc all optimum.

That 5 fruit and veg and whole grains is old Big Food lies, they have killed hundreds of millions with that rubbish, as bad as Big Pharma.
Actually the same people...

Pet dogs have traditionally been fed on human food waste. That includes an amount of veg. They don't just 'puke it up'. I agree a meat diet (mostly uncooked for  dogs in good health) is best. Maybe you're thinking of when they deliberately eat grass to void their stomach. 

On 1/4/2022 at 9:33 AM, Speedhump said:

Pet dogs have traditionally been fed on human food waste.

And wild dogs will happily eat the grassy stomach contents of any dead herbivore they come across.