STV (2nd edition)

On 10/30/2021 at 3:55 PM, ryan15987532 said:

I have just run through the STV having finally found it through this thread (thanks).

I can't see any reference on there to the police background check or the Tb, syphilis etc test?

Is this still a requirement or do we need to wait til Monday 1st to find out more? These seem to be the most time consuming parts of the application so would like to get these sorted ASAP if still required! 

I personally had to get a background check which was done online and quickly (1 day), I didn't have to provide any medical information. It could be different somewhere else, this was in Canada.

On 10/26/2021 at 12:18 PM, Bigstef said:

Hi Ubonjoe, i just make a STV application yesterday i think they will refuse it they still ask for 14 days quarantine and a confirmation of stay after quarantine wich i don't have i send only my 24h quarantine booking wich is in january very confusing their website.

Any news about your application?

Submitted STV 1st Nov, not heard anything yet. 
Only put in 2 nights in SHA+ hotel and then an invitation letter from family friend inviting me to stay with him for 90 days, he owns his house there. In hindsight I should have just paid for accom and got a refund as I’m sure they’ll deny mine on this. 

2 hours ago, ryan15987532 said:

Only put in 2 nights in SHA+ hotel and then an invitation letter from family friend inviting me to stay with him for 90 days

If you use an invitation letter you also have to give a copy of your friend id.

I’ve had a response, they’re not accepting invitations from friends or family anymore, which is stupid. Need proof prepaid accommodation for 3 months. 
 Asking people to pay for 3 months accommodation without even seeing the property is nonsense. 
 I think a lot of hotels will be upset when their 3 month reservations are cancelled. 

On 11/4/2021 at 5:15 PM, AlphaBear said:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ryan15987532 said:

I’ve had a response, they’re not accepting invitations from friends or family anymore, which is stupid. Need proof prepaid accommodation for 3 months. 
 Asking people to pay for 3 months accommodation without even seeing the property is nonsense. 
 I think a lot of hotels will be upset when their 3 month reservations are cancelled. 

With a booking confirmation for 90 days from Agoda should be fine right? After get the visa, can cancel

It worked fine for me just 3 weeks ago, I guess every embassy is different. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve received my STV with 4 days to spare, phew. 
My only query is that everywhere it states my name as “Morris Ryan David” rather than “Ryan David Morris”.

I’m sure this is fine but just checking that everyone has this format or just me? Do we think it will cause any issues?

On 11/16/2021 at 6:58 PM, aldriglikvid said:

@ryan15987532

I'm glad you received it. I had a similar experiences previously and if all names are in, it has never been a problem. 

On a second note, how long did the application take you? 

I applied on Nov 1st, provided additional info (I had inv letter from a friend but needed to book 90 days accom) on around the 6th, and it was approved on the 16th. 

I guess the above is what you were referring to but the actual application took me about an hour I think! 

53 minutes ago, ryan15987532 said:

I applied on Nov 1st, provided additional info (I had inv letter from a friend but needed to book 90 days accom) on around the 6th, and it was approved on the 16th. 

I guess the above is what you were referring to but the actual application took me about an hour I think! 

Yikes, 10 days to complete!

Last year I applied in person and it was granted in person in 4 working days. 

I applied this monday and my plane leaves the 9th of december. Hopefully it will be granted in time so I can apply for a ThailandPass. 

40 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

I applied this monday and my plane leaves the 9th of december. Hopefully it will be granted in time so I can apply for a ThailandPass. 

I posted this on another thread but will put it here also as relevant to you.

Im having the same issue i submitted my application 2 weeks ago for the stv visa.  They got back to me saying application was on hold and to submit another document to them.  I had originally submitted the application with 1 months paid accommodation.  They said one month is not sufficient and needed 2-3 months accommodation.  I submitted the 3 months accommodation but have heard nothing back from them since despite emailing them a few times.

Im just wondering if i decided to submit a new application would i get charged for the first application also?  Or perhaps it might be worth sending them a letter in the post in case they have too many emails to answer?

Thanks 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

I thought this too but you definitely can apply for Thailand pass prior to receiving visa. I put in I plan on staying for 90 days as that’s the original length of STV visa but they don’t ask for the actual visa ????????

Bear9, if you log into Thai evisa website it should state if they’ve received your additional docs. I also emailed them specifically asking if they’d received my additional docs and they did reply eventually. I personally just rode out my first application rather than submit a new one. 

I thought this too but you definitely can apply for Thailand pass prior to receiving visa. I put in I plan on staying for 90 days as that’s the original length of STV visa but they don’t ask for the actual visa ????????

Bear9, if you log into Thai evisa website it should state if they’ve received your additional docs. I also emailed them specifically asking if they’d received my additional docs and they did reply eventually. I personally just rode out my first application rather than submit a new one. 

Hi Ryan,

yes I’ve checked on the website and it’s still saying documents requested. I’ve sent the documents to their email a few times but no reply and I have checked my junk mail also. 

Oh, so I can apply for TP before receiving the STV? That's a stress reliever. I'm 20 days from lift-off, when should I start with the TP? 

Btw, here's the response from my embassy today: 

Royal Thai Embassy

11:56 AM (1 hour ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me

Dear xxx,
Thank you for your email, due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status and the visa processing time could be 7-10 business days. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Royal Thai Embassy, Stockholm

About 1 hour ago the status of my application changed to pending document check but now it has just changed to request documents.  With no further information on the thaievisa website or in my email what additional document they want.

I already submitted the new document of 3 months paid accommodation to them 4 times as the 1st application i made they said 1 months paid accomadation is insufficient.

They are not replying to my emails.  Is it possible to make a journey to the embassy to speak to them or do you need an appointment?

Bear, that is a rubbish situation. As far as I’m aware you need an appt but if you’re down to a few days it could be worth just showing up early one morning - no definite answer I’m sorry but I definitely understand your situ ????

Aldrig, may as well apply now, took a weight off my shoulders knowing at least the TP is secure. Mine was approved within 24 hrs. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2021 at 11:47 PM, bear9 said:

Is it possible to make a journey to the embassy to speak to them or do you need an appointment?

You probably would not get much further than the front door at most embassies at this time without an appointment and most only issue them for certain reasons and Thais have to wait a long time to do a passport application.

As someone kindly mentioned previously in the thread I applied for, and was immediately granted, my Thailand Pass today (before receiving my STV).  

My embassy should be able to finish the STV application before 9th december hence I consider everything now complete, and such a relief. Bless! 

One thing, hopefully not instrumental, is that the return date I chose is the 90th day (last day of a STV) but is not the date of my actual return ticket. Any major objections here on that point? 

On 11/19/2021 at 2:15 PM, aldriglikvid said:

As someone kindly mentioned previously in the thread I applied for, and was immediately granted, my Thailand Pass today (before receiving my STV).  

My embassy should be able to finish the STV application before 9th december hence I consider everything now complete, and such a relief. Bless! 

One thing, hopefully not instrumental, is that the return date I chose is the 90th day (last day of a STV) but is not the date of my actual return ticket. Any major objections here on that point? 

I also put my return date as being 90 days after my arrival date, although the return date shown on my aticket was for August 2022, and I was still issued the STV.

This was using the London Thai embassy. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2021 at 2:59 PM, ryan15987532 said:

I’ve received my STV with 4 days to spare, phew. 
My only query is that everywhere it states my name as “Morris Ryan David” rather than “Ryan David Morris”.

I’m sure this is fine but just checking that everyone has this format or just me? Do we think it will cause any issues?

I have also just noticed that my surname is written before my given name on my recently issued STV (London Thai embassy).

Hopefully this is a good sign, but who knows!

I arrived 5 hours ago, my return ticket is in 13 days (cheapest flexible return I could find). That reminds me, I need to change that ASAP to about 9 months from now ????

So from my experience it doesn’t matter when the return flight actually is & the reversed name wasn’t even mentioned.

Good luck all 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ryan15987532 said:

I arrived 5 hours ago, my return ticket is in 13 days (cheapest flexible return I could find). That reminds me, I need to change that ASAP to about 9 months from now ????

So from my experience it doesn’t matter when the return flight actually is & the reversed name wasn’t even mentioned.

Good luck all 

Enjoy????

9 hours ago, ryan15987532 said:

Good luck all 

Enjoy your trip! I don't understand that last conclusion though, no Airline has surely objected to a return ticket within visa exemption (no visa) and STV limits? 

On 11/4/2021 at 5:15 PM, AlphaBear said:

Not at all clear an invitation to stay with a friend (or even relative) will be accepted. From websites it seems only ownership of a condo my an immediate relative would suffice.

I have verified with Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh that invitation to stay with a friend is not acceptable. Must have prepaid hotel booking, or else own a condo or have immediate relative who owns a condo.

Possible that it would differ if able to use the evisa website. What is that saying re requirements? (I did not check it as Cambodians can't use it anyhow).

On 11/18/2021 at 4:47 PM, bear9 said:

About 1 hour ago the status of my application changed to pending document check but now it has just changed to request documents.  With no further information on the thaievisa website or in my email what additional document they want.

I already submitted the new document of 3 months paid accommodation to them 4 times as the 1st application i made they said 1 months paid accomadation is insufficient.

They are not replying to my emails.  Is it possible to make a journey to the embassy to speak to them or do you need an appointment?

I’ve received an update last Friday.  They have asked me for 50k usd insurance coverage.

I already submitted. health insurance coverage 2 and a half weeks ago with my application. My insurance covers 100k usd for Covid 19 treatment.  It also covers 400k outpatient treatment and 40k inpatient treatment from a Thai health insurance company. Now they want what I already provided them with in the first place so have just gave them the exact same document I already gave them.

I am very frustrated and they don’t seem to be replying to everybody until Fridays for some reason. I’ve decided to change my flights now from December until January to ensure I know everything will be processed by then.

I would advise everyone applying for a visa right now to apply for the visa between 2-3 months before your flight to ensure it gets processed in time.

1 hour ago, bear9 said:

They have asked me for 50k usd insurance coverage.

I already submitted. health insurance coverage 2 and a half weeks ago with my application. My insurance covers 100k usd for Covid 19 treatment.  It also covers 400k outpatient treatment and 40k inpatient treatment from a Thai health insurance company. Now they want what I already provided them with in the first place so have just gave them the exact same document I already gave them.

Please be aware that they changed the requirement for health insurance from November 1st. Before November 1st, the requirement for a 100k USD insurance was for covid only. They changed that to a 50k USD health insurance. Is your 400k/40k insurance in baht? And is your 100k USD insurance for covid only?  If so, you do not have the required 50k USD health insurance.

1 hour ago, farang51 said:

Please be aware that they changed the requirement for health insurance from November 1st. Before November 1st, the requirement for a 100k USD insurance was for covid only. They changed that to a 50k USD health insurance. Is your 400k/40k insurance in baht? And is your 100k USD insurance for covid only?  If so, you do not have the required 50k USD health insurance.

Hi Farang51 thanks for the reply. My health insurance policy states the following below.

Health insurance policy which covers treatment and medical expense in relation to COVID -19 with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD and a minimum In- Patient coverage to 400,000 THB and Out-Patient 40,000 THB for other medical and accident expenses (Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy).

With this policy I believe I have everything I need am I correct in this?

This policy was accepted last April and July for my Stv extensions at Chang Wattana.

Last January when I entered Thailand Axa 100k Covid insurance was accepted by the London embassy they did not require the 400k outpatient and 40k health insurance policy.

This policy was took out last April for my stv extension last April as even tho the London embassy did not require the ipd, opd requirement Chang wattana immigration did require it.

So I therefore took out this expensive health insurance policy on top of the Covid insurance I already had to meet the requirements at Chang wattana. 

It would seem crazy to me if this is now not enough?

Edited by bear9

51 minutes ago, bear9 said:

Health insurance policy which covers treatment and medical expense in relation to COVID -19 with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD and a minimum In- Patient coverage to 400,000 THB and Out-Patient 40,000 THB for other medical and accident expenses (Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy).

The 400k/40k insurance is for the STV. The 100k USD insurance used to be for covid for the COE; however, with the new Thailand Pass they changed that requirement to a 50k USD health insurance. Not only covid but health. Thus, your 400k/40 insurance should be fine for the STV, but the 100k USD covid insurance is not good for the Thailand Pass.

That said, the requirements may be different in your country regarding the STV - did they ask for the 50k USD insurance when applying for the STV or for the Thailand Pass?