STV (2nd edition)

16 minutes ago, farang51 said:

The 400k/40k insurance is for the STV. The 100k USD insurance used to be for covid for the COE; however, with the new Thailand Pass they changed that requirement to a 50k USD health insurance. Not only covid but health. Thus, your 400k/40 insurance should be fine for the STV, but the 100k USD covid insurance is not good for the Thailand Pass.

That said, the requirements may be different in your country regarding the STV - did they ask for the 50k USD insurance when applying for the STV or for the Thailand Pass?

On the Thai evisa website it asked me to upload the 400/40k ipd opd requirement which I did. It states nothing about 50k health insurance on the thaievisa website.

However the Thai embassy sent me an email last Friday saying this below.

- Your health insurance, showing your name, duration of cover, and a coverage of $50,000 medical expenses

I have not applied for Thailand pass yet and will not do so until my visa is processed. 

Thanks

On 10/25/2021 at 9:14 PM, farang51 said:

The Multi Entry Tourist Visa is still available in some countries, I just got one in Denmark. Much easier than the STV that I got last year.

With the METV you would need to border run to extend your stay in Thailand?

After 3 months you need to exit and come back to get stamped in 2 months permit.

At the moment I'm not sure that's possible/convenient.

Am I missing something?

Sorry if it's already been asked, I didn't go through all the posts.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Cletus said:

With the METV you would need to border run to extend your stay in Thailand?

After 3 months you need to exit and come back to get stamped in 2 months permit.

At the moment I'm not sure that's possible/convenient.

Yes, I will have to do a border run, unless they continue with the covid extensions. I arrived November 2nd, and I am gambling that a border run will be possible by the end of January. If not by land then by air.

You are right, it is not possible at the moment; however,  the other countries are beginning to open up now. The big question will probably be if I need a 1 night hotel when I get back to Thailand and how many covid tests I need to take.

On 11/22/2021 at 1:01 PM, Sheryl said:

Not at all clear an invitation to stay with a friend (or even relative) will be accepted. From websites it seems only ownership of a condo my an immediate relative would suffice.

This is from personal experience getting a STV from thaievisa. After submitting my application they send me an email requesting an invitation letter and a copy of their ID. The evisa are processed by the embassy so it could be different depending on the location.

17 hours ago, farang51 said:

Yes, I will have to do a border run, unless they continue with the covid extensions. I arrived November 2nd, and I am gambling that a border run will be possible by the end of January. If not by land then by air.

You are right, it is not possible at the moment; however,  the other countries are beginning to open up now. The big question will probably be if I need a 1 night hotel when I get back to Thailand and how many covid tests I need to take.

I used the METV few times in the past, it was very convenient.

I plan to go back to Thailand soon, I have my gf and some friends waiting for me.

Good luck to you mate.

On 10/25/2021 at 9:07 PM, ourdon said:

I'm with you on the STV.  A-Nut-In has convinced me to find some other country to retire in but snowbirding fulfills all my requirements.   I'm giving up my OA visa.  I spend the early spring months wandering through small towns in the wine regions of France then to Canada for the summer and fall.  A good life.

Now the problem is:  No they have made no changes in the STV program.  That means that according to existing laws you (and I) still would have to quarantine for 14 or 15 days.  They never thought to update the requirements ....  how Thai of them.

I have put in several requests for clarification to the Thai embassy to no avail.  I was told that the embassy is expecting (hoping) for clarity and will update the website after the November 1 st. announcements.  Then they went dark on me.

Fingers crossed, luck to both of us.

Quarantine status is not linked to your visa. Anyway Quarantine is only for a few  hours these days waiting for your test result.

4 hours ago, Neekerikuningas said:

Is medical certificate and criminal records still needed for STV, as you cant upload these files to thaievisa -site

Yes but you are only talking about 2 pages of documents. 

I am sure you could upload them as one file.

So, I was granted the STV! Started 11th and received it the 24th. 

A couple of things that were different from last years application: 

Was never asked to upload or send in person either criminal records or medical certificate (which I had to hand in last year). 

My Hotel bookings post quarantine was incredible scrutinized and led to two (2) requests and stop of application. They wanted bookings not only for the first 90 days but for the entire flight ticket (6 months) and they wanted bank statements showing the bookings had been paid. All my "pay at arrival" bookings via Agoda/Booking.com were not perceived as valid. 

• Thanks 1