First COVID Delta+ case found in Thailand, no cause of alarm – DCD

webfact

56 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

So that 1 case was found last month... Let's be prepared for many more to follow unfortunately. Also, putting the UK in the low list countries for the reopening is not the best idea.

Oh well... I like my couch anyway, might as well stay on it for a few more months.

Early indications are it’s nothing more to worry about.  Early indications are it’s potentially no more harmful than exiting variations and dealt with by the vaccines:

https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/delta-plus-variant/

Been in the UK since April and they are now fully opened up and latest prediction are that numbers may plummet soon:

Covid: Are cases about to plummet without Plan B? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59039739

But you stay on your couch for a few more months if it makes you feel safer. 

Edited by Kadilo

Curious asks.....

Is Delta+ what Cambodia calls Mu ?

(Phnom Penh Post/ANN): Ministry of Health spokeswoman Or Vandine expressed concerns that the Mu variant of Covid-19 could be imported to Cambodia in the same manner that the Alpha and Delta variants were previously.

Edited by wombat

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

That's what they said earlier this year... didn't pan-out too well.

It was said just prior to the allowing of travel nationwide or the long Holiday of Song Kran.

Now they announce that we are not to worry prior to another long Holiday of Loy Kratong.

Hold on to your Hats .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

100% BS is what it is.

From the article:

76.2% of the Thai population have been vaccinated, with 100% in Bangkok, 82.7% in Phuket, 72.4% in Samut Prakan and over 50% in the rest of the country having been inoculated.

Screenshot_20211026-053857_Bloomberg.thumb.jpg.9e172a0bdf7926d2cdc0fbc13d11e87c.jpg

International Travel Restrictions During COVID-19: Where Can You Go? https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/where-can-travel-coronavirus-update-restrictions-testing-quarantine/?cmpid=BBD100921_CORONAVIRUS

76.2% of the population in the 17 provinces to reopen have been vaccinated.

It does not say 76.2% of the Thai population.

Also, the counts are based on the legal residents of each city. If someone goes there for work, they might not be counted for reopening purposes. So that number can go over 100%.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Flink said:

From the way the article is written I think we can see how the government WANTS the Thai population to think it arrived:

"He did not elaborate about the case, but said that the Department of Medical Science will hold a press conference on Tuesday to provide more details.

Dr. Chawetsan said that, over the past 28 days, Delta Plus cases in the United Kingdom have increased, accounting for 6% of all the infections involving other variants, mostly the Delta variant."

Dirty farang to blame again. Odd that they failed to mention that Delta+ is also causing chaos in China. I wonder why??

I wonder why indeed

10 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

100% BS is what it is.

From the article:

76.2% of the Thai population have been vaccinated, with 100% in Bangkok, 82.7% in Phuket, 72.4% in Samut Prakan and over 50% in the rest of the country having been inoculated.

Screenshot_20211026-053857_Bloomberg.thumb.jpg.9e172a0bdf7926d2cdc0fbc13d11e87c.jpg

International Travel Restrictions During COVID-19: Where Can You Go? https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/where-can-travel-coronavirus-update-restrictions-testing-quarantine/?cmpid=BBD100921_CORONAVIRUS

Odd... this week I read Bangkok, phuket, and a couple of other places 60 to 70 percent vaccinated, Thailand as a while on 38% vaccinated. 

And COVID plus is being watched very closely in UK  as over the last two weeks has gone from 6% of new cases to 8% and rising with some indication of vaccines resistance...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, itsari said:

Perhaps all will be under control for November the 1st .

Six percent of the recorded cases in the UK are delta plus .

Vaccines losing there usefulness faster than anticipated . 

I thought vaccines provided immunity, just like the polio vaccine. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/26/2021 at 12:07 PM, RichardColeman said:

You mean infecting foreign covid free and fully tested tourists on arrival then ? 

Some foreigners with COVID will not be detected by the system, although the number should be low. If it was so easy then why all the rules and hassles?