Thailand aims to draw neighbours for one-day trips

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

What nonsense. 1 day tourists from neighboring countries such as Laos, Malaysia come for a day to shop and do their PCR test in Thailand on arrival. Before the PCR result is available, they will be home again. Who thinks up such nonsense?

so just when they are about to board the bus, boat, train or whatever .....  it's ...  oh i'm sorry folks, we have to get back to the border to check out again  .       Lol

16 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Thanks for that.  As I suspected.  And others say it is for Mama noodles.

Plenty of Malaysian families visit Hat Yai for the food, nearby beaches and shopping opportunities. The mongers mostly stay closer to home in Dannok, Betong or Sungai Kolok.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I am begining to wonder..............Is the real motive of the government to completely destroy the tourist industry?

I can't see why they want to, but I can see that everything they come up with is achieving that aim.

Completely agree and I have said this right from the start, the prudes in charge don't like the reality of why Thailand is known all over the world for it's 'nightlife'

By destroying millions of the peasants lives and income they can assuage their face and hide their embarrassment

Covid is a gift for them, they and their ilk keep getting richer and they fortify their position by pretending it's for the greater good, they are loving covid...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Their own rules and new regulations that insist with testing 72 hours prior to arrival and then within 24 hours after arriving are at complete polar opposites, if they come for the day and leave as the PCR results will not arrive until after they are already back across the border.  Realistically by the time the folks have come, spent a day here and then are leaving they expect another test and have results before they leave, this would of course mean a two day trip and not one.?  insanity.  So say a family from Vientiane wants to cross the border in the morning and go shopping in Udon, visit family for the night and return to Laos the next morning how in gods green earth are they expected to have taken a PCR test and received the results back......yes I know flogging a dead horse here. 

The Devil's in the details.

• Like 1

One day trips from a foreign destination, these people are clueless to the bone. At least they could have said a mid weekend trips.

Perhaps they mistaken the Myanmar people doing a Mae Sai trip to the newly opened Makro down the road? As well Vientiane people doing some shopping in Nong Khai.

Edited by ChaiyaTH