Uk-bkk Return

sierra01

It's getting close to the time I have to book flights, to save me having to search endless sites for a good price can anyone with recent experience give me advice on who to book with? Gatwick would be easier but Heathrow is ok. I don't mind going via somewhere, as long as it's not too many hours between flights. Thanks people.

I did look at going via HK but add the HK-BKK on and there's not that much difference. I guess it's a bit of swings and roundabouts.

Kayak comes up with the Arab airlines, much as I expected.

Qatar, Royal Jordanian and Emirates. Good, bad or ugly?

Emirates is pretty good as long as you manage your schedule so that you only spend a couple of hours in Dubai. Not flown with the others. Lots of passenger opinions at www.airlinequality.com/main/forum.htm

They all seem ok, more good reports than bad anyway! From past experience I've found that it's a bit of a problem waiting for your connecting flight, no local currency for a cup of coffee and/or a snack, and silly charges if you use your CC, so I'll look for a short wait.

You've all given me good help, many thanks.

I flew BkK-Dbx-LHR round trip ticket for 34000 baht.

2 hour stopover in Dubai and no need to change currency as all the shops and restaurants take dollars and pounds.

I always take EVA or the arab liners, you will have to take the arab route if you want to fly to LGW as most of the main carriers go to LHR.

Emirates and Qatar are great, EVA is nearly as good.

Forget Thai or BA if you want a decent flight.

EVA do a direct flight from BKK to LHR from 31,700 baht return, price depends on actual day of travel. Have a look here:

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/

I've travelled with them a few times and were very impressed (you get your own in flight entertainment system unlike Thai Airways)

If you're going to post this kind of thing you should mention that the quoted fare is not inclusive of charges. Add another 12,080 baht.

43,580 baht isn't quite so attractive, is it?

I always take EVA or the arab liners, you will have to take the arab route if you want to fly to LGW as most of the main carriers go to LHR.

What's wrong with Thai? Surely flying non-stop and being served by Thai ladies is better than an extra 5 hours' travel via a pokey Arab airport?

Etihad and Qatar best stopping airlines and transit airports. But book early, especially approaching UK holiday dates!

What's wrong with Thai? Surely flying non-stop and being served by Thai ladies is better than an extra 5 hours' travel via a pokey Arab airport?

Etihad and Qatar best stopping airlines and transit airports. But book early, especially approaching UK holiday dates!

EVA is the best non-stop, but they no longer offer the great value prices, to UK customers, that they did in 2006.

It's getting close to the time I have to book flights, to save me having to search endless sites for a good price can anyone with recent experience give me advice on who to book with? Gatwick would be easier but Heathrow is ok. I don't mind going via somewhere, as long as it's not too many hours between flights. Thanks people.

I always fly China Airlines from Newcastle to Amsterdam to Bangkok. The turnarounds are very good and you shouldn't have much of a problem from Gat or LHR. If you are willing to fly Al-Qaeeda airlines to some desert rat hole then its well worth looking at China Airlines. I have just came back on a return from newcastle for £569, but I paid an extra £40 for the air-miles. So the original price was £529.

Well worth a look.

John.....

If you give us your dates of travel then we can see what your best options are.

I have flown 4 times in the last 6 months with 4 different carriers. The worst by far was Air India. DO NOT USE THIS AIRLINE!!!!!!!!! The planes are dodgy. As we took off toilet water was streaming out of the mid cabin toilets! I was kept 25 hours in Dehli and refused a hotel even though the flight connections had been changed so the connecting flight left 1.5 hours BEFORE the flight got in. Go figure. They lie through their teeth and the in flight entertainment is rubbish.

The most comfortable and most legroom was thai but the INE was a centre console.

EVA were good with good INE (and cheap)

Eitihad had fantastic INE but the stop over was long.

I am currently looking and expect to pay under £500 for EVA and Thai.

You can still get EVA for around 31K baht.

If you give us your dates of travel then we can see what your best options are.

I'm looking at 27 Dec out and 15 Jan back, though it's flexible. I know that's peak time so high prices, it's coming out at £500-550 via the middle east and a good £200 extra for direct flights.

We're going back for the Thai wedding, I'll know who will be coming with us by the end of the month, probably 5-7 people all told. What with having to pay for 3 flights (ours and my son who's always had short arms and deep pockets!), usual holiday spending money, sinsod and ILR in May 08 price is important.

Well..based on 7 seats and the intended dates of travel the lowest fare is with Royal Jordanian, which is a consolidated fare meaning most agents can take a deposit to secure the seats giving you time to pay the fare in full but as you can see the return connections aren't that great which is the norm with RJ:-

1. RJ 112 V 27DEC LHRAMM HS7 1605 2315 O E TH

2. RJ 180 V 28DEC AMMBKK HS7 0150 1415 O E FR

3. RJ 181 S 15JAN BKKAMM HS7 2315 £0500 O E TU

4. RJ 111 S 16JAN AMMLHR HS7 1100 1445 O E WE

FQP 1-7 Fare 376.00 Taxes 137.20 3592.40 ADT

GRAND TOTAL INCLUDING TAXES **** GBP 3592.40 ADT

LAST DATE TO PURCHASE TICKET: 27DEC07

The lowest fare available from LGW is with Qatar but this fare is a Published fare meaning you'll have less time to pay for the tickets (notice last date to purchase ticket)otherwise the connections are great and the Airline is quality and if it saves you time/money flying from LGW i'd be booking this one:-

1. QR 76 L 27DEC LGWDOH HS7 0945 1930 O E TH

2. QR 612 L 27DEC DOHBKK HS7 2030 £0650 O E TH

3. QR 611 M 15JAN BKKDOH HS7 2000 2330 O E TU

4. QR 75 M 16JAN DOHLGW HS7 0210 0655 O E WE

>FQBBCQR

*** BEST BUY QUOTATION ***

LOWEST FARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS ITINERARY

FQG 1-7 Fare 388.00 Tax 125.80 3596.60 GBP

GRAND TOTAL INCLUDING TAXES **** GBP 3596.60

ADT LAST DATE TO PURCHASE TICKET: 11JUN07

The best fare for direct flights is with Thai and this is a consolidated fare:

1. TG 911 Q 27DEC LHRBKK HS7 1150 £0610 O E TH

2. TG 916 Q 15JAN BKKLHR HS7 1350 1935 O E TU

FQP 1-7 Fare 656.00 Tax 135.30 5539.10 ADT

GRAND TOTAL INCLUDING TAXES **** GBP 5539.10 ADT

LAST DATE TO PURCHASE TICKET: 27NOV07

hope this helps :o

Edited by enyaw

How/where did you get those quotes enyaw?

How/where did you get those quotes enyaw?

I'm doing a bit of work for a tour-op at the moment so it's live availabilty via galileo, I've just checked the Qatar flights again and the fare I gave you is incorrect, this is the correct fare:1.

1. QR 76 L 27DEC LGWDOH HS7 0945 1930 O E TH

2. QR 612 L 27DEC DOHBKK HS7 2030 £0650 O E TH

>FQCQR

PSGR FARE TAXES TOTAL PSG DES

FQG 1-7 GBP 438.00 125.80 3946.60 ADT

GUARANTEED

GRAND TOTAL INCLUDING TAXES **** GBP 3946.60

ADT SUM IDENTIFIED AS UB IS A PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGE

ADT LAST DATE TO PURCHASE TICKET: 12JUN07

However if go a day later you can get the lower fare:

1. QR 76 M 28DEC LGWDOH HS7 0930 1915 O E FR

2. QR 612 M 28DEC DOHBKK HS7 2030 £0650 O E FR

>FQBBCQR

*** BEST BUY QUOTATION ***

LOWEST FARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS ITINERARY

*** NO REBOOK REQUIRED ***

PSGR QUOTE BASIS FARE TAXES TOTAL PSG DES

FQG 1-7 MKPXLM GBP 388.00 125.80 3596.60 ADT

GUARANTEED

GRAND TOTAL INCLUDING TAXES **** GBP 3596.60

ADT SUM IDENTIFIED AS UB IS A PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGE

ADT LAST DATE TO PURCHASE TICKET: 12JUN07

ADT FARE HAS A PLATING CARRIER RESTRICTION

Note, the seats nead to be booked in M class.

Notice the last date to purchase ticket is 12JUN07 this means you could hold the seats off with an agent (would need full names of all pax) till then, no need to buy them but could hold them while you think about it. Otherwise since it's a published fare and your happy wiith it you could book ihere online on Qatar's own website with a bit knocked off aswell :o

I've just booked thru Qatar website and had e-ticket sent. Was the cheapest - and did not appear on kayak. As said before, be careful if prices are with or without taxes as usually adds an extra 20-30% to raw ticket price.

Have flown Qatar before and they are fine. Doha airport is a hole - fine if you have $250 spare cash to buy a lottery ticket to win a Roller - otherwise avoid any long stopovers or you'll be sleeping on the floor with the rest of them!

As for EVA, I've found it quicker to phone them than use their website as their search engine does not have flexible dates. I got bored looking for their cheap deals after 3 or 4 days came up fully booked.

rych

I've just booked thru Qatar website and had e-ticket sent. Was the cheapest - and did not appear on kayak. As said before, be careful if prices are with or without taxes as usually adds an extra 20-30% to raw ticket price.

Have flown Qatar before and they are fine. Doha airport is a hole - fine if you have $250 spare cash to buy a lottery ticket to win a Roller - otherwise avoid any long stopovers or you'll be sleeping on the floor with the rest of them!

As for EVA, I've found it quicker to phone them than use their website as their search engine does not have flexible dates. I got bored looking for their cheap deals after 3 or 4 days came up fully booked.

rych

Did you find EVA to be cheaper than a consolidator like eBookers? In which country?

BTW Doha has a NEW airport building now which is excellent. The toilets are like a palace!

I have flown 4 times in the last 6 months with 4 different carriers. The worst by far was Air India. DO NOT USE THIS AIRLINE!!!!!!!!! The planes are dodgy. As we took off toilet water was streaming out of the mid cabin toilets! I was kept 25 hours in Dehli and refused a hotel even though the flight connections had been changed so the connecting flight left 1.5 hours BEFORE the flight got in. Go figure. They lie through their teeth and the in flight entertainment is rubbish.

Thats nothing !! They found rats on board one 747 in midlflight - ' rats on a plane " !!!! :o

Indians couldnt run a p*** up in a brewery !

• 2 weeks later...

I book my fight throug united in may for 1000.00 one stop sanfrasco 23 hours I leav bwi @ 7:30 am on jan 17 08 in bkk 10:45 jan18 08 what I found out was it's best to go right to the airlines and book with them instead those cheap flights suites man I look at some of them they were cheap all right 800.00, 950.00 , but they had lay over that was 5 to 10 hour's I thought I was looking at in wrong. but I was'ntbut Want I need to known is when is the best time to book hotel room what date oct ,nov,dec,?