Woman who allegedly cut condo handymen’s ropes confesses, says she’s ‘annoyed’

snoop1130

18 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

You would think working from that height the workmen would of been in a metal cradle not dangling from a bit of rope . Health and Safety in Thailand is zero it’s time the government issued stringent rules for workers protection

What difference between cradle or harness if someone cuts the ropes or something else happens?

• Like 2

This lady didn't take time to think about walking moment in the 'other guy's shoes', as my mother taught me......... In other words: take a moment to think about the 'OTHER PERSON'S ' side of the situation.... As if she was out there on those ropes.....

So many years ago my mother taught me to think about what it is like to walk a mile in that other person's shoes for a day -- attempt to think like them.... To figure out 'THEIR' reasoning....

Often when doing that you can understand how they were right and YOU were wrong.... A lesson for us all.....

My mother tried to teach me many valuable lessons, Rest Her Soul.....

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well it should be..... a notice simply posted somewhere, or slid under the door, that some goon will be peering in through your window! (Which is not a frequent occurrence on the 26th floor.)

we do get notice of any type of work to be done..from pool cleaning to interior and exterior painting ...one good thing about our place

• Like 2

5 hours ago, crazykopite said:

You would think working from that height the workmen would of been in a metal cradle not dangling from a bit of rope . Health and Safety in Thailand is zero it’s time the government issued stringent rules for workers protection

Will not happen in my lifetime and I suspect not yours either .

20 hours ago, NancyL said:

I don't think it's standard practice for condos to notify residents when workers might show up outside their windows.  Certainly don't do it in our condo building.  Yes, they do give more than adequate notice about planned outages like maintenance on the elevators, electricity or water outages, etc, but not when someone is dangled off the roof to fix a leak or do painting.

No justification for this appalling act, but when renting 2 previous homes in Thailand, the landlords' assumed that they and their workmen could enter my garden/yard at any time without even asking or any previous notification. One landlady used to come in regularly to tend a shrine, and, before I noticed,  the other's workmen came in and used my external power sockets for their power tools without even asking. But I soon pulled the plug on that one....scuse the pun....555.