Woman who allegedly cut condo handymen’s ropes confesses, says she’s ‘annoyed’

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivY9J15OEYDYWwyQusjgcc4S1JCPYpyGocCBsYh.png

The person who allegedly cut the ropes, from which two handymen were hanging while repainting a high-rise condominium in Nonthaburi two weeks ago, reported to police today (Wednesday) and confessed to the crime, saying she was “annoyed” by the handyman and had not intended to kill them.

The suspect, a 26th floor resident of the 32-storey condo, had initially denied cutting the ropes on October 12nd before confessing after being presented with CCTV footage, witness accounts and forensic evidence which implicate her.

The handymen survived the fall after being rescued by another condo resident, who happened to be near the balcony at the time.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/woman-who-allegedly-cut-condo-handymens-ropes-confesses-says-shes-annoyed/

Logo-top-.png

I don't think it's standard practice for condos to notify residents when workers might show up outside their windows.  Certainly don't do it in our condo building.  Yes, they do give more than adequate notice about planned outages like maintenance on the elevators, electricity or water outages, etc, but not when someone is dangled off the roof to fix a leak or do painting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NancyL said:

I don't think it's standard practice for condos to notify residents when workers might show up outside their windows.  Certainly don't do it in our condo building.  Yes, they do give more than adequate notice about planned outages like maintenance on the elevators, electricity or water outages, etc, but not when someone is dangled off the roof to fix a leak or do painting.

Well it should be..... a notice simply posted somewhere, or slid under the door, that some goon will be peering in through your window! (Which is not a frequent occurrence on the 26th floor.)

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

I can't understand how a sane person could come to the decision to cut the rope of the window cleaner/painters.

What if this "annoyed" was just an excuse and there was something more deeper, like maybe the 2 men saw something they shouldn't have and she wanted to make sure they couldn't tell anyone.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

initially denied cutting the ropes on October 12nd before confessing after being presented with CCTV footage, witness accounts and forensic evidence which implicate her.

I have to wonder which 'fact' made her alter her story and confess her truth.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, crazykopite said:

You would think working from that height the workmen would of been in a metal cradle not dangling from a bit of rope

I saw on the news last night that these "stuntmen"  where being paid 800 baht per day but the one whose rope was cut  is rather reluctant to return to work ! :w00t:

• Thanks 1