80,000 Thai truckers to go on strike on Monday over diesel prices

webfact

29 minutes ago, lujanit said:

This so called 'truck power' strike will be a failure.  Truck drivers are among the lowest paid people.  They cannot afford to go seven days without income.

They could try to organize themselves to charge a fuel surcharge to the shipment cost when fuel is over 25B/L (say +3B/km). Not unlike the airlines did a number of years ago which in most part hasn't been removed. Wait...but now my Lazada headlight bulbs will be 100B + 29B Shipping + 10B Fuel Surcharge :) ... but still can work if I pay the driver directly and can be same for large company's. Do you think any ideas like this have been proposed or just "LETS MASS PROTEST TO BLAME THE GOVERNMENT FOR GLOBAL DIESIL COSTS !" 

3 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

full of diesel, great the roads  will  be 100% safer , may  take a  trip

Unless the truckers decide to park the rigs on the roads. The trip from airport to Pattaya could take hours this coming Monday.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In a statement issued Wednesday, the LTFT said that it had already notified the Thai National Shippers’ Council, the Thai Chamber of Commerce and the Tourism Council of Thailand about its decision to have, initially, about 20% of the trucks under the federation stop running for seven days, under acampaign called “truck power.”

I wonder how CP will freight all it's garbage out to the supermarkets and 7-11's

56 minutes ago, CLW said:

This is the first strike in Thailand I've heard of that could have an impact

Disrupting supply chains is currently high on the WEF agenda worldwide. The main thrust of the forum is global control. Free markets and individual choice do not stand as the top values, but state interventionism and collectivism. It's going perfectly for the Great Reset, and by 2030 we'll all be happy about the goal we've reached:
"You will own nothing and be happy." (Klaus Schwab)

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

May their strike be a success and quickly. Already too many items currently unavailable in the store.

The bottom line is mindless consumption, accumulation and waste. 

Little to do with anything else.

6 hours ago, lujanit said:

This so called 'truck power' strike will be a failure.  Truck drivers are among the lowest paid people.  They cannot afford to go seven days without income.

If they are so poor, how could they afford a truck? And if you mean the ones who are just employed to drive then why would they care about the price of the fuel their boss buys?

Well the price of oil does have an effect on Thailand as an importer of oil. The government has subsidized diesel prices for some time and currently has a 30 baht cap on diesel.Lowering to 25 would help with inflationary pressures. The Government has been known to buy rice at inflated prices to help vote totals.As to the ability of Thai truck drivers,I find them courteous, fun loving,and always willing to lend a smoke. They are Thai true and hard working guys.Not copies of other people’s faces in their avatars.

6 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Good !

Such strike is illegal.

But as it were for rubber farmer and fishing vessel strikes during Prayut's tenure, I doubt any legal action will happen. But when students protest against the government as a freed9m of speech protected under the Constitution - attack and lock them up!

7 hours ago, lujanit said:

True but nevertheless, there will be a run of toilet paper in a few days?????