CW - retirement extension report

Thanks for report.

Thinking CW was crowded because end of month. 

Similar reports about Jomtien.

I'm going for extension (retirement)  money in bank method next week.

I also have never provided TM30 however will take lease just in case.

I always obtain letter on the day and make deposit at same time.

Were you required to show health insurance coverage of 3,000,000 baht?

I'm going for my retirement extension next month at Pahtumthani Immigration

and I'm curious. The news stories seem to go back and forth about the requirement.

Edited by terrydowney
incorrect amount
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, terrydowney said:

and I'm curious. The news stories seem to go back and forth about the requirement.

That is not required for any extension of stay application at this time at immigration.

In a year it may needed when extending a entry from a Non-OA visa.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrydowney said:

More likely, I would have thought, that he was asked to provide evidence of a TGIA-approved 40k/400k health insurance policy if the non-immigrant visa which he originally used to enter Thailand was of the OA variety.

@buick - was it?

• Like 1

Been to Chiang Mai to do my my retirement visa extension today and can report the usual 3 hours rammed into a non aircon room one missing photocopy TM6 and two new to me TM something or other to be filled in obout overstaying fines bank letter from yesterday should be today stupidity. Hope Big Joke can revisit before next year and kick a few butts its woeful again and only processing 10 per hour????

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I went on Tuesday, number 107. Didn't get done until 3:45, so then couldn't get my multiple entry permit because apparently they can't accept payment after a certain point. On a positive note the Pad Thai in the foodcourt I went into was tasty. Will have to do the multiple entry at the airport when I leave next I guess. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Andyfez said:

Does anyone know if the Krungsri bank is open in CW these days?

Yes, it's open. I was at that Krungsri Bank branch two days ago (Tuesday).

CW was crowded and the staff were stressed and grumpy. My wife and I arrived at 9:30. At 10:30 we noticed that we wouldn't be served before 14:00 at least, so drove off for a delicious khao soy lunch and some coffee not far away. I didn't get my marriage extension until 17:00.

6 hours ago, terrydowney said:

i arrived in july visa exempt and then changed to non O at CW in august.  not asked for any type of insurance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digitalbanana said:

I thought this wasn't needed if your bank book shows every transaction? Why would the IO ask for this?

this was the first person i saw, the 'document checker'.  maybe she was new.  my balance in the foreign currency account just sits there.  not alot of activity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

I went on Tuesday, number 107. Didn't get done until 3:45, so then couldn't get my multiple entry permit because apparently they can't accept payment after a certain point. On a positive note the Pad Thai in the foodcourt I went into was tasty. Will have to do the multiple entry at the airport when I leave next I guess. 

i'm glad you found some decent food.  when CW first opened, there wasn't much in there.  it has definitely got alot better over the years.  i got along just fine until it was time to go into the L section.  got a little too crowded at that point.  they were limiting access to the area to those who were within 10 numbers, so i went in when 104 hit (i had 114).   next year i'll try doing the extension early in the month.  see if it works out better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buick said:

this was the first person i saw, the 'document checker'.  maybe she was new.  my balance in the foreign currency account just sits there.  not alot of activity. 

Thanks. Good to know. I have set up an account just for immigration so no activity expected like you.

On 10/28/2021 at 10:48 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is not required for any extension of stay application at this time at immigration.

In a year it may needed when extending a entry from a Non-OA visa.

If and when it might be required to extend a non O-A visa, will it have yet be from a Thai insurance company? While I do carry a "throw away" Thai health insurance that effectively covers nothing for purposes of visa extension, my primary insurance is with an international company that would issue the 3 million THB coverage at no charge.

12 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

If and when it might be required to extend a non O-A visa, will it have yet be from a Thai insurance company?

The when at this time is September 1st of 2022.

I have seen nothing stating they will accept foreign medical insurance. Immigration has not issued any order concerning the new requirements. 

On 10/31/2021 at 1:24 PM, ubonjoe said:

The when at this time is September 1st of 2022.

I have seen nothing stating they will accept foreign medical insurance. Immigration has not issued any order concerning the new requirements. 

My non O-A visa extension expires Aug. 17, 2022 so maybe current rules thru then.

It's already a high cost for the annual extension with 2,900THB to Immigration and about 12,000THB for 1 yr. Thai health insurance (on top of my approx. 140,000 THB annual foreign international healthcare insurance).   

• Like 1

Hi, just finished my retirement extension today at CW and saw some new righting in Pen on the stamp for the extension, with a date that has not relationship to my visas, and year is 23/02/64 and then a (P) just below the today's date which I applied. Does anyone know what these mean?

Edited by canadian
Make clearer
  • Confused 1

On 11/1/2021 at 3:51 PM, Srikcir said:

My non O-A visa extension expires Aug. 17, 2022 so maybe current rules thru then.

It's already a high cost for the annual extension with 2,900THB to Immigration and about 12,000THB for 1 yr. Thai health insurance (on top of my approx. 140,000 THB annual foreign international healthcare insurance).   

Which insurance company did you use?