Chinese tourists to return to Thailand - but not until late 2022

webfact

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The chinese wont be stepping foot on thai soil until all restrictions are dropped. They will not put up with the thai quarantine, testing, insurance, vaccine proof claptrap for a coach holiday,

That said it could be an indicator of  abandoned incoming requirements for next year - here's hoping

On the contrary. Chinese are used to, even expect, state regulation and bureaucracy. The agents who organize the tours will deal with all the paperwork as they already do.

2 hours ago, itsari said:

Bad news for all the ignored participants in the tourist trade , such as bar girls . taxi drivers , tour guides , bus drivers , airport workers , room cleaners , laundry workers , street cleaners , street food sellers ,immigration staff , masseurs , building maintenance workers . The list could go on yet there is little said about the real unemployment caused by the pandemic .

Bar girls: the only Chinese you see in bars are from Singapore, Malaysia,Thailand,Taiwan, America..... 

Russians are a rarity too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The chinese wont be stepping foot on thai soil until all restrictions are dropped. They will not put up with the thai quarantine, testing, insurance, vaccine proof claptrap for a coach holiday,

That said it could be an indicator of  abandoned incoming requirements for next year - here's hoping

You may well be on to something here, the high speed rail may have a grand opening, next year, and Chinese can get in and out fast, maybe have MIQ coaches as a safety net, the trains could stop at venues owned by Chinese investors, line them up for RT- PCR , take them shopping, go for a smoke on the beach then whisk them home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Bar girls: the only Chinese you see in bars are from Singapore, Malaysia,Thailand,Taiwan, America..... 

Russians are a rarity too. 

Good that you keep a good eye on all the bars in Thailand for making comments on there customers.

Yet I was making a comment who is unemployed as a result of the pandemic .

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Are you defending the efficacy of the Sinovac? 

Although Sinopharm is recognized by THE WHO. At least you are not getting the Cuban (Alibaba or something) one, In Vietnam, where I am right now, they purchased a couple million  doses, and acquired the license to manufacture it locally. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

How are your comments not racist? Unfortunately without the Chinese and their money Thailand's tourist sector will not recover. FACT! 

I know I shouldn't but I just gotta bite: Can you back that FACT up with any hard, verifiable data?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toolpush said:

You have hit the nail on the head. How convenient for the CCP this virus scare. They can make it so Chinese people don't/won't/can't leave and take all that foreign currency out with them. 

And the Australians and New Zealanders too. Total authoritarian control over the populations

• Like 2