Chinese tourists to return to Thailand - but not until late 2022

webfact

3 hours ago, itsari said:

Bad news for all the ignored participants in the tourist trade , such as bar girls . taxi drivers , tour guides , bus drivers , airport workers , room cleaners , laundry workers , street cleaners , street food sellers ,immigration staff , masseurs , building maintenance workers . The list could go on yet there is little said about the real unemployment caused by the pandemic .

Sadly your comment is so true.

Coconut General followed Australia and New Zealand in attempting to kill or ignore the virus.

Not gunna work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, peter zwart said:

Excellent. No burping above your plate of food whilst they look what you eat.

Or slurping, chewing with thier mouths open, picking their feet while eating, or picking their noses... oh! Sorry did I just stereo type the wrong asian culture?

• Haha 2

It's been Known for over a year that the Chinese would be concentrating on domestic tourism.

There also avoiding countries with low vaccine rates.

Just because you bought a few million underperforming vaccines doesn't grant you Chinese tourists.

I can't stand Chinese tourists.  Loud, abrasive, and rude.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

And I thought Thais were racist xenophobes.  Talk about barely concealed loathing while painting an entire culture with a broad anti-Chinese brush. 
When the Chinese reunify the mainland with Taiwan I have one suggestion:  Run!

They won't  unify  willingly  and this still remains to be seen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucky Bones said:

Sadly your comment is so true.

Coconut General followed Australia and New Zealand in attempting to kill or ignore the virus.

Not gunna work.

But they have employed and filled these positions  in the last couple  weeks believing the tourist are coming.  I got some sunny beach front property in Arizona for sale for pennies to anyone that believes the tourist are coming.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

This is how I have seen them behave at airports, if they do line up some will constantly cut in line. Then there is the racket, most cannot have a conversion without it sounding like a full on argument.

Believe it nor not it's worse in India.  

Seeing this video brings back bad memories and makes me remember nothing but the bad things of Thailand.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheapcanuck said:

That's good for cheap air prices. Once China Air and China's other airlines, start to fly international flights, the costs to fly will be reduced by 1/3. 

Air China= China

China Airlines = Taiwan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

And the Australians and New Zealanders too. Total authoritarian control over the populations

Aussies are free again from 1st of November. Even DFAT dropped the blank "do not travel" recommendation, the travel insurances are going to be valid again. 

With their insistence on maintaining a zero Covid policy and a 21 day quarantine for return travelers. It will be well after 2022 before there is any significant Chinese tourism inbound or outbound. My bet is on 2025 before they relax any restrictions. They are well aware that their vaccines are not on par with what is available in the west, leaving them in a vulnerable position if they open their borders. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davidhen said:

I am not racist, whereas sadly, some contributors on this forum are.

I have travelled quite widely thus far during my time on this planet, and have learnt that one must not "generalise" when one meets a person who perhaps, comes across as not behaving as one would expect them to.

If one lives in a place like Pattaya for example, one must expect (during normal times) to be "inundated" to a certain extent, with tourists. Indeed, my home village in the UK has a high influx of tourists during the "high season" (read 6 weeks summer holidays for this). The small number of local businesses would quickly go to the wall without this patronage. 

Thailand is a close neighbour of China, and it is only to be expected that their tourists would want to visit Thailand. Along with other nationals, and I'm not talking politics or governments here, the Chinese are obviously welcomed by Thailand's tourist industry. 

As I mentioned at the beginning of my response, I am not racist. I treat as I find, and I try not to judge --- one doesn't know everything about the person one encounters.

Let us all try to treat others as we would wish to be treated ourselves --- and the world will be a better place.

China and India are the future of the Thai tourism, for obvious reasons. The two countries have a combined population of 2.8 billion people and growing wealth. Both have convenient relatively short direct flights to Thailand. Markets like the Caribbeans are too far for them, pricey airfares and inconvenient connections.

Sure, many of them are not seasoned travellers and have questionable manners, but the things will gradually improve. The younger well educated generation is very well mannered, affluent and desirable customers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johng said:

Pattaya was doing fine before the Chinese hoards arrived  it was also fine before the Russians arrived and the Indians before them   each of these waves of new tourists where actively marketed to by the "TAT"  as Pattaya being a  "world class family beach resort"

when I think we all know that it isn't  it's known for its "raunchy nightlife"  why change a winning formula ?

The state of Pattaya (world)  at the moment is almost entirely due to "Covidiocy"

Perhaps.  But at this point, with the tremendous growth Pattaya has had, it needs all 3 groups to sustain a greatly expanded tourist industry.  

Relief from the Chinese tour buses on Pattaya sois for one more year. Are we going to get the same relief from drunk bride and orgy seekers running from brothels to brothels hopping 10-baht vehicles on the beach and 2nd roads for passing sexual innuendos to Thai girls that the same people would not dare to utter in a london bus,. What a freedom!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1