'Thailand Pass' Ready to Welcome Visitors on Nov 1

webfact

3 hours ago, JCP108 said:

The general false positive rate for the PCR tests for Covid is 0.6%. The reports positive rate for people entering the Phuket sandbox scheme is surprisingly 0.17%! Someone could interpret that to mean that most, or all, of those positive results were false. If that were true, then the testing before flight was effective at screening out infected people.

Or the sandbox results are false/wrong.

4 hours ago, onekoolguy said:
7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No.. you’ve dumbed it down and simplified it to make an immature and sarcastic poke at Thailand. 

PCR testing on arrival is the right thing to do because overseas tests cannot be verified, ultimately they are just a piece of paper which can be faked. 

While Thailand can be criticised for many things, the requirement for 1 night Quarantine until the results of a PCR test are issued is a very sensible measure.  

Expand  

Not everyone thinks Thailand tests are reliable. I left Thailand on Singapore airline last month and my Thailand vaccine certification was ok. But now to return the same airline will no longer accept that same certification and insisted on a certification fron the USA in order to board a plane back to Thailand  so I had to get another vaccine or change airlines.

You’d have a stronger argument if you didn’t mix up Vaccinations and PCR testing. 

Many countries do not accept SinPharm or Sinovac BTW - but do accept AZ, Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen, even when administered in Thailand - But all of that is irrelevant to the point you are contradicting which regards PCR testing - that PCR test in Thailand offer a degree of assurance that cannot be achieved while relying solely on overseas testing...

*anyone can fake a PCR test certificate but they can’t fake the QR code on the vaccine cert. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

money.

How can we be this far into it and people like you STILL Don't comprehend it?

Yes, a negative test within 72 hours is helpful, however, as has been pointed out countless times in this thread) and should be common sense at this point), the incubation period for the virus can be up to 5 days.  It's just one more safeguard that they have in place, and quite frankly, an extremely minor concession to no longer needing to quarantine or sandbox.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Unless you really are a moron, stop making moronic statements.

Yawn, stay masked up for the rest of your life then. If masks are so useful maybe you can explain how I caught covid during a time the entire world was required to mask up everywhere  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

Yawn, stay masked up for the rest of your life then. If masks are so useful maybe you can explain how I caught covid during a time the entire world was required to mask up everywhere  

Thank you for continuing to make 'silly' statements and proving my point. ????

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

They will probably have Embassy or consulate staff checking the "Thailand Pass" applications, then download a QR code then get tested so it could possibly take the best part of 5 days, much the same as a COE took!

Mine took almost three weeks (and about a dozen phone calls and FB messages to the embassy) for final approval.

23 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

How can we be this far into it and people like you STILL Don't comprehend it?

Yes, a negative test within 72 hours is helpful, however, as has been pointed out countless times in this thread) and should be common sense at this point), the incubation period for the virus can be up to 5 days.  It's just one more safeguard that they have in place, and quite frankly, an extremely minor concession to no longer needing to quarantine or sandbox.

thanks friend, can you provide the link on the pricing of these while you are at it....thais seem to be avoiding this issue...kop khun krup