17yr old travel alone from UK to BKK mid December is permitted?

Is it permitted for a 17yr british national to travel alone to BKK from UK and do the 1 night hotel etc.. under the reopening scheme?

Waiver with airline (Singapore Airlines) seems no problem, vaccinated and will do thailand pass prior will be collected from hotel after first night. Snarky cagey parental advice not solicited.

3 minutes ago, asiam110 said:

Is it permitted for a 17yr british national to travel alone to BKK from UK and do the 1 night hotel etc.. under the reopening scheme?

Waiver with airline (Singapore Airlines) seems no problem, vaccinated and will do thailand pass prior will be collected from hotel after first night. Snarky cagey parental advice not solicited.

As he’s vaccinated I can’t see any issue whatsoever.... 

• Like 1

OP - If you don't mind saying, is your son aged under 17 years and 9 months? If he is - and doesn't have any underlying conditions - how did he get double vaxxed? My daughter is also 17 (but under that limit) and her school/GP won't arrange a second jab. That will condemn her to 10 days quarantine if she comes over in December. Apparently if you live with someone who's clinically vulnerable it's possible to get a second shot if you're under 17 years 9 months so I'm now trying that argument on them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

OP - If you don't mind saying, is your son aged under 17 years and 9 months? If he is - and doesn't have any underlying conditions - how did he get double vaxxed? My daughter is also 17 (but under that limit) and her school/GP won't arrange a second jab. That will condemn her to 10 days quarantine if she comes over in December. Apparently if you live with someone who's clinically vulnerable it's possible to get a second shot if you're under 17 years 9 months so I'm now trying that argument on them. 

First vac two days ago, was told next appointment in 8 or 12 weeks (cant remember which one), regardless that isn't feasible for mid december, but spoken to a few people and we are confident * she can just rock up in 2 weeks for the second shot, and add a day for it to register on NHS app. (* confident enough to book the flight).

Not aware she needed to declare anything tbh, will ask

Edited by asiam110

14 hours ago, asiam110 said:

First vac two days ago, was told next appointment in 8 or 12 weeks (cant remember which one), regardless that isn't feasible for mid december, but spoken to a few people and we are confident * she can just rock up in 2 weeks for the second shot, and add a day for it to register on NHS app. (* confident enough to book the flight).

Not aware she needed to declare anything tbh, will ask

Cheers and apologies for ref to 'your son' rather 'your daughter'. Good luck with getting the 2nd jab. Hope it all works out time-wise. Seems to me that the only thing they'll really care about at this end is whether the visitor has been double-vaxxed more than 14 days before travel.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

My daughter is also 17 (but under that limit) and her school/GP won't arrange a second jab. That will condemn her to 10 days quarantine if she comes over in December. Apparently if you live with someone who's clinically vulnerable it's possible to get a second shot if you're under 17 years 9 months so I'm now trying that argument on them. 

I should consider sending your 17-year-old on a short trip to France, where they've been double-vaccinating children of 12 to 17 since June, free (including tourists). That's where my 17-year-old got it done.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jrmaanda said:

I should consider sending your 17-year-old on a short trip to France, where they've been double-vaccinating children of 12 to 17 since June, free (including tourists). That's where my 17-year-old got it done.

Interesting, and thanks. 

On 10/29/2021 at 2:53 PM, BKKBike09 said:

It's worth "shopping around" - trying different places to get vaccinations if at first your daughter is refused. I heard some places will vaccinate younger people - a friend of mine's daughter was 15 and got jabbed in August in the UK after a few tries. 

• Thanks 1