Going for 1-year ext. and need first Thai account for the 400k

18 hours ago, Salerno said:

If you are hitting serious problems opening a bank account you can always throw some money at the issue (going rate for an agent to open one for you is around 3500 Bht inclusive).

Sometimes it is easier to go with your wife and take your marriage cert, BBK kept telling me i need a W/P, I kept telling them I was retired. Took the wife and they opened an account for me. I still don't understand just why they don't want customers, they still make money even with small amounts deposited, commissions etc. madness IMO.

• Like 2

My wife called Kasikorn and they said we needed to book an appointment at our branch (nearest is at The Crystal - had to book one appointment each, actually) and we just have to bring my passport, my wife's passport/ID card, and our marriage cert. originals. Hopefully it'll go down like that when we go on Tuesday.

On 10/31/2021 at 2:44 PM, fauxie said:

My wife called Kasikorn and they said we needed to book an appointment at our branch (nearest is at The Crystal - had to book one appointment each, actually) and we just have to bring my passport, my wife's passport/ID card, and our marriage cert. originals. Hopefully it'll go down like that when we go on Tuesday.

Just make sure the account is in your name only and maybe open a joint account too

You need proof of address or your your wife's blue house book. 

• Like 1

So aside from not getting into the bank until 1pm even though it was supposed open at 11am (manager got covid 2 days ago, bank was closed yesterday, and new manager took charge today), it all went smoothly at Kasikorn. Only needed our IDs and marriage certificates, I'm pleased to report.

• Like 1