Curfew, alcohol ban to be lifted in Bangkok, other provinces, from Nov 1

snoop1130

9 hours ago, KhunMorris said:

There is not a sadder sight than some aging sex tourist, sitting alone in a tawdry Pattaya restaurant sipping warm Leo from a cracked coffee mug. 

Take a look at yourself.

Missing you already. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe they are banning  booze at bars/restaurants  as following Dr. Fauci's recomendations (He mentions  bars below)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/dr-fauci-just-said-this-to-anti-science-people/ss-AAQ5WOu?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1

5. How to Stay Safe Out There

Follow the public health fundamentals and help end this pandemic, no matter where you live—get vaccinated ASAP; if you live in an area with low vaccination rates, wear an N95 face mask, don't travel, social distance, avoid large crowds, don't go indoors with people you're not sheltering with (especially in bars), practice good hand hygiene, and to protect your life and the lives of others, don't visit any of these 35 Places You're Most Likely to Catch COVID.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:
23 hours ago, Snig27 said:

Every bar becomes a restaurant just as they did last time. 

Not true. That did not work for many bar owners. The police examine the license which determines whether the establishment is a bar or restaurant. Places without a restaurant license were raided and closed

Many places that have restaurant licences but couldn't actually prepare food as a restaurant have been barred from using those illegitimate licences also.

20 hours ago, rott said:
21 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Appears to be an awful lot of concern and angst over alcohol and the consumption thereof, here within this humble venue.

Why is that?

????????

Expand  

Well alcohol is a major worldwide consumer product and industry, so that is probably part of it. 

As far as the local imbibers are concerned, I doubt that that has anything to do with it!

20 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I welcome the news but don't really understand it. Is Pattaya on the list of cities where alcohol can be consumed in restaurants and bars? 

It's all in the OP and the link!   Safe to assume that if a place is not mentioned then it's not included.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

19 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

Sorry, if you cannot purchase alcohol in pubs and bars the curfew / ban has not been lifted.

It just means you can enjoy a beer with a burger or steak. Big deal. Can do that at home.

Seems that you don't understand what the curfew is.    It has nothing to do with serving alcohol.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Walker88 said:

this bears repeating, as some seem to be missing it:

Restaurants have "Restaurant" Licenses. Bars have "Bar" licenses. Bars are supposed to remain closed, even if they serve food, because their LICENSE says "Bar". (Oddly, there is one agogo in Patpong that occupies a venue that was once a restaurant, and the new owner inherited the 'Restaurant" license, so he should be able to open and serve alcohol from Monday, with plenty of scantily-clad, non-dancing servers.

Having applied for and/or received a restaurant licence does not necessarily make those premises a restaurant.   A bar that has obtained a restaurant licence but cannot produce it's own food from a kitchen (as many have) does not fall into the category of a restaurant as far as the law regarding the serving of alcohol as being discussed here is concerned.

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

I have read on this forum that they're not going to renew alcohol licenses in Pattaya when they all expire on December 31. Not sure how accurate this is but it's definitely on this forum somewhere.

"...it's definitely on this forum somewhere".

You can safely bet that it's probably not true, then!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, JayClay said:

Yes! Back to the good old days asap!

In the last couple of days, I've been starting to see increased posting on Thai social media of videos and photos that look very much like Thais at some type of night club type venues drinking what looks to be booze.

As with so many things in Thailand, what the laws say and the announced policies are don't necessarily match what's happening in real life, where, in these instances, there's probably substantial incentive for the plod to look the other way at times.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:38 PM, johng said:

and

"No pubs and bars in Thailand can reopen at this time."

Looks like prohibition to me

And curfew may be back later too...

I'll wait and see till 1 day quarantine is lifted too.

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In the last couple of days, I've been starting to see increased posting on Thai social media of videos and photos that look very much like Thais at some type of night club type venues drinking what looks to be booze.

As with so many things in Thailand, what the laws say and the announced policies are don't necessarily match what's happening in real life, where, in these instances, there's probably substantial incentive for the plod to look the other way at times.

Big raids in Pattaya but not reported on this forum. 30K fine, court appearance, night in goal, travel rights suspended

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Does anybody go to Patpong Go Go bars anymore? If so why?

Checked it out today. Few bars open. Very discreet however and no other customers to chat with over a beer. Just staff fishing for tips and drinks. I would say wait for Nov 5 when NANA plaza opens properly. I asked staff today while doing on-foot recon.

Just now, OishiRefill said:

Checked it out today. Few bars open. Very discreet however and no other customers to chat with over a beer. Just staff fishing for tips and drinks. I would say wait for Nov 5 when NANA plaza opens properly. I asked staff today while doing on-foot recon.

Already open (as most will know) are the bars next door to the Old German Beer House on soi 7. Soi 8 is pretty full-on right now already.