Curfew, alcohol ban to be lifted in Bangkok, other provinces, from Nov 1

snoop1130

14 hours ago, JohnHans said:

Only in the new “dark red” zone, which now includes Chanthaburi, Tak, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala and Songkhla, where COVID-19 infections are still surging, the curfew from 11 pm to 3 am will remain in place, as the restriction has been lifted in Thailand’s remaining 70 provinces.

No pubs and bars in Thailand can reopen at this time.

This Thai government is still treating its population as though they are immature children!!! What do they think is going to happen? - that everyone will get drunk and go around having kissing orgies?!!!!

What we read, and what happens on the ground, are rarely matched.

On 10/30/2021 at 12:31 AM, PoorSucker said:

Only in the new “dark red” zone, which now includes Chanthaburi, Tak, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala and Songkhla, where COVID-19 infections are still surging, the curfew from 11 pm to 3 am will remain in place, as the restriction has been lifted in Thailand’s remaining 70 provinces.

Lot's of tourists from Singapore used to go to Songkhla, I wonder if the Singapore government will let them start travelling in and out. 

If I was to come back to Thailand at present, there is a waiting list, actually run on a lottery system to get back in, next time I return, with family I'm not going to go back to NZ, its crazy here locked down, prices going up, and people turning on each other, a lot of it because the government is mandating vaccination, for employment, cafés nightclubs, even though vaccinated can pass on covid, and now they're talking of vaccinating 5yrs and up. 

People are sick off Jacinda, there are signs going up in Northland, get rid of Jacinda they say. 

What countries children were used to test covid vaccine safety???? 

16 hours ago, KhunMorris said:

There is not a sadder sight than some aging sex tourist, sitting alone in a tawdry Pattaya restaurant sipping warm Leo from a cracked coffee mug. 

Take a look at yourself.

I believe you have a lot to learn of the miseries of your fellow man if you think so.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 6:35 PM, JayClay said:

I guess by prohibition, the poster you quoted was referring to alcohol sales, not curfew.

And to that effect the article unfortunately states "According to the CCSA, Bangkok, Krabi, Phang-Nga and Phuket are the only provinces where alcoholic drinks may be served in eateries."

Served until 9pm and only SHA approved eateries.

16 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And?

And many people were frightened, bullied and extorted.

Huh?   I wasn't asking you but, as you responded...

"Frightened"?  Maybe they shouldn't have, voluntarily, put themselves in the position of being arrested for breaking the law.

"Bullied"?   How were they "bullied" and how do you know that they were bullied?

"Extorted"?   Presumably they were fined for their transgressions of the well-publicised Covid regulations that they, voluntarily, participated in.  Being fined for breaking a law is not extortion

On 10/29/2021 at 6:55 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Not true. That did not work for many bar owners. The police examine the license which determines whether the establishment is a bar or restaurant. Places without a restaurant license were raided and closed

Oh really?  Not where I live.