Meds to help dry up a cold and breathing

pixelaoffy

45 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Personally, if the problem is runny nose then rather than taking systemic medications which contain multiple drugs, most of which you don't need, I prefer to use nasal spray

Ask for nose drops/spray containing Oxymetazoline, there are a number if brands.

Its trying to loosen any mucous on chest before it builds up . cant get any decent syrup expectorant such as Benylin in Thailand

35 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

A decongestant that has same or similar strength of psuediephridine   which can't get over counter. What generic drug is there in Thailand ?

There are many but none of the pills sold over the counter are very effective as decongestants. NBasal sporays/drips work better. Otherwise, see a doctor for pseudephrine.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

There are many but none of the pills sold over the counter are very effective as decongestants. NBasal sporays/drips work better. Otherwise, see a doctor for pseudephrine.

I went to Chula hospital 3 days.ago and there is not out patient for upper respiratory problems. They send you to emergency section and want to do a covid test at huge expense . I had 2 tests a week before that were negative so no need . It's a cold developed from Aircon after returning to Thailand 3 weeks previous . Unbelievable that cant get to see a doc or nurse that can prescribe come cold relief with that well known decongestant which they are paranoid about giving !

Edited by pixelaoffy

On 10/31/2021 at 6:50 AM, pixelaoffy said:

...It's a cold developed from Aircon after returning to Thailand 3 weeks previous...

A common cold, even when not treated, should not last three weeks, I think. Is there something in the air to which your nose is allergic? When did you last have the aircon filter cleaned or replaced?

• Like 1