Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Calls for restaurants in Pattaya to be allowed to serve alcohol

webfact

17 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Considering the "clout" the Pattaya governor has he's been remarkably quiet regarding all the knock-backs Pattaya has had to endure.

This latest slap-in-the-face will upset many.

I wouldn't be so sure - it would be interesting to see who is buying up all the abandoned bars, I suspect many will have changed ownership on the cheap which IMO opinion will be the ruin of the place as prices are hiked up by new owners 

• Like 1

Pattaya business operators frustrated, angry, and confused at continued alcohol sales ban at restaurants and entertainment venues

walkingstreet-696x435-1.jpeg

Pattaya tourism and business operators are urging the Thai government to allow drinking alcohol in restaurants in Pattaya.

The President of the Pattaya Business and Tourism Association Mr. Boonanan Pattanasin told The Pattaya News and other associated media this past weekend, “Pattaya should be a “BLUE” (Business, Leisure, Ultimate Experience) zone like Bangkok and other provinces. We don’t have many new Covid -19 cases now.

Most of the new Covid-19 cases in Chonburi are being found in factories, migrant worker camps, army bases, and other sub-districts that are not part of the ‘Pattaya Move On tourist pilot area or even involved in tourism at all. Many of the Chonburi cases have actually been found in Rayong and have been transferred here, but count towards the local area.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/31/pattaya-business-operators-frustrated-angry-and-confused-at-continued-alcohol-sales-ban-at-restaurants-and-entertainment-venues/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wombat said:

Pattaya is chockers with domestic tourists at the moment...its got me beat what  they do but the traffic here says they are here

They drive around looking to find a place open then drive some more looking for somewhere to park. Hence the traffic. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mikebell said:

My son has a TexMex restaurant in Asoke.  Before he can serve alcohol he has to get a Certificate of Health.  More paper; more obstacles; more opportunities for corruption!  Why can't Thailand EVER take a simple route?

But they do take a simple route, surely it is the most simple route in the world to fill up some brown envelopes then send or take them off in certain directions.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Maybe Prayut really has the knife-out for bars, go-go joints and clubs.

Maybe he's trying for a face-lift for Pattaya to get it out of the gutter?

Maybe it's Prayut himself who needs the facelift to stop him looking like a demented circus midget.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mikebell said:

My son has a TexMex restaurant in Asoke.  Before he can serve alcohol he has to get a Certificate of Health.  More paper; more obstacles; more opportunities for corruption!  Why can't Thailand EVER take a simple route?

So you think it is wrong for a restaurant to have a Certificate of Health......................................WOW! such low standards, tell me where the restaurant is so I can avoid it!

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Simple is a rare commodity. Corruption, greed, inter-departmental turf squabbles and plain ignorance is the bureacrats world.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

lets suppose 5000 new foreign tourists arrive in Pattaya next 2 weeks, where are they going to go at night, a certain place (no name mentioned) is already rammed to the brim with at least 300 people every night  simply does not have room for any more, everyone knows where I am talking about, this alcohol ban is counter productive - it is forcing large numbers of people into small areas were controls are impossible - add another few thousand people and we really have a problem

they need to either ## or get off the pot, either open up or shut it all down - this grey status isn't going to work - it needs urgent action now

Don't worry, they're all 'double vaccinated' with a vaccine that works really really well.

7 hours ago, smedly said:

I wouldn't be so sure - it would be interesting to see who is buying up all the abandoned bars, I suspect many will have changed ownership on the cheap which IMO opinion will be the ruin of the place as prices are hiked up by new owners 

I agree there......just holding the bars back now to shake a few more free!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The President of the Pattaya Business and Tourism Association Mr. Boonanan Pattanasin told The Pattaya News and other associated media this past weekend, “Pattaya should be a “BLUE” (Business, Leisure, Ultimate Experience) zone like Bangkok and other provinces. We don’t have many new Covid -19 cases now.

Nah, It'll stay the red -light zone.

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I think thats it.

His conservative views are out of place and out of date.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

They were always going to turn a global pandemic into a cash cow here, one way, or another.  

This policy is punitive, draconian, obnoxious, unnecessary and amounts to sabotage of both tourism, and the livelihood of the Thai people. 

Beer does not cause Covid. Highly selective shutdowns done without the use of science do cause Covid. Prayuth, Anutin and their ignorant policies spread Covid. Leaving the super spreader army bases, canning plants and construction sites open, while closing mom and pop stores and kiosks causes the spread. 

Thailand needs to rid themselves of this rot. Start forbidding extreme dumbness now. 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2021 at 4:29 PM, wombat said:

Pattaya is chockers with domestic tourists at the moment...its got me beat what  they do but the traffic here says they are here

I was there on the 24th and 25th, absolutely empty, you could of lain down in the middle of Beach road without any danger. Must be different this weekend.

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Gutter? What gutter is that? 

We don't want Pattaya changing to another namby-pamby, woke place for snow flakes. It is fine as it is.  :burp:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

So you think it is wrong for a restaurant to have a Certificate of Health......................................WOW! such low standards, tell me where the restaurant is so I can avoid it!

All staff have been double jabbed; my son has imported proper testing kits for frequent & regular use; he is a member of a local association which has rigorous inspection routines.  You are obviously determined not to see this new certificate as another obstacle to hinder business with endless red-tape and opportunities for corruption.  His restaurant is a high flyer in 'the local league tables' and often necessitates reservations at busy times.  With a name like 'hotandsticky' you would not get in on health grounds.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

You know your opponent has won when you have to resort to playground insults.

'So you think it is wrong for a restaurant to have a Certificate of Health......................................WOW! such low standards, tell me where the restaurant is so I can avoid it!'