Calls for restaurants in Pattaya to be allowed to serve alcohol

webfact

45 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

No logic in Thailand as we already know, hence the drip drip mumbo jumbo from the Muppets.

Logic is a very hard commodity to come by in this country, had the used logic from the get go of this Covid and not bury their heads in the sand, Thailand will be in much better place now and not the mess we keep reading of every hour that passes...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crusader said:

Planning a drive around Bangkok tomorrow, just to see which places are preparing to re-open.

Why not just wait until open and see which are actually open? Maybe even stop at an old fave and give them some much needed business! ????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

IMO the government do not want Pattaya to open, not until there is concrete proof that it is dead, they are afraid everyone will flock back to Pattaya and revive the old place ...........

Pattaya is chockers with domestic tourists at the moment...its got me beat what  they do but the traffic here says they are here

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wombat said:

Pattaya is chockers with domestic tourists at the moment...its got me beat what  they do but the traffic here says they are here

Seriously....I must be walking with my eyes closed as I see very few visitors here?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that keeping the ban on alcohol sales in Pattaya will mean the city loses out on tourists during Thailand’s reopening

Yes I own an apartment in Pattaya but this latest 3 months holiday I am almost all spend it on Phuket...

9 hours ago, Chivas said:

We can be pretty certain now that no boozers will be open this year in Pattaya.

Common sense should indicate restaurants will now get the green light on December 1st  and general bars probably in January/February 2022

People say Thailand cant afford to miss another high season. Utter nonsense simply because Thailand is still sat on around $244 Billion of foreign currency reserves literally only $14 Billion below the all time high

I agree Thai people involved in the tourist industry wont give two hoots about those numbers, but this sadly is the reality

Thailand doesnt particularly need that tourist Dollar and these restrictions are all about "face"

Resteraunts and beach vendors have never stopped serving here in Jomtien and they not even hiding it. 

15 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

IMO the government do not want Pattaya to open, not until there is concrete proof that it is dead, they are afraid everyone will flock back to Pattaya and revive the old place ...........

I wonder if the factory clusters are still drinking rice whyskey, and working away 12 hours a day while infected. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, petermik said:

Seriously....I must be walking with my eyes closed as I see very few visitors here?

Anywhere near a weekend or holiday it is pretty busy with Bangkok visitors in Pattaya and Jomtien..... and I doubt that will change simply because Bangkok eateries can serve drinks. Most visitors are families looking for somewhere for their kids to play.

I do expect Pattaya to make a fuss over this, and I also do not see why the place that started this last wave, Bangkok, should be allowed to open up and not here. I may be confused but didn't something similar happen during a past 'opening up'. Reality is, if restaurants are allowed in Pattaya, the bars will be trying it on too. 

18 hours ago, ukrules said:

The reopening will be a massive failure, nothing is going back to normal any time soon.

Yes, for a start there won't be any Chinese, Russians, Indians or Aussies for quite some time, and they were what 80% of previous tourists.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Boon-anant added that the number of new COVID-19 cases are lower in Pattaya than in Bangkok

If that is true , there is no reason to not allow alcohol consumption in Pattaya ...

Just imagine that they find out that drunken people will not become infected so easily by Covid .... everybody has to be drunk all the times then ... 55

Anyway , I do not see any direct relation between alcohol consumption and Covid infections yet .

It is just the gathering and talking together that favors the spread ... but is that any different from having a meal together in a restaurant ?

That is pure hypocrisy .

Having a drink in a bar is prohibited , but having one together with a meal in a restaurant is allowed ?

• Like 2