Game of Chess in Pattaya

The Hammer2021

There use-to be a group of old guys who would go to the beach every day for years and years and play chess sitting under the shade trees on the beach...

When all the seatting got removed and the shade trees got cut down they moved to the lower court yard a Central Festival for a few years......And then they just kind of disappeared......I have not seen them for a long time now.....

Those guys were really into chess, they were playing on the beach all day every day....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

A bunch of old guys played for years and then disappeared........ I wonder what happened to them ????

The lower courtyard of festival was a very very poor replacement compared to where they use to play on the beach.....I bet they found a better place to play....

19 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

A bunch of old guys played for years and then disappeared........ I wonder what happened to them ????

They used to play on Jomtien beach, so about now they are on Koh Larn;

In seriousness, I was in Central and noticed some of the unused stalls had something about playing chess there.

j b flood.jpg

there was Frank, an older German guy who  used to live in agated community pre-covid in Jomtien.  Probably a master at some point in his life. There was A Norwegian named Thor who played on Jomtien and Daniel from Belgium.....I wonder if any of the are still around..

Myself, I am waiting to return round an if Things get more or less back to nrmal

23 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Pre-pandemic there was a group playing daily outside Carls Jr in Central

I was in Central Festival yesterday, this is on the 4th floor towards the front of the mall.  Side note Carl's Jr is no longer there/boarded up.

image0 (1).jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...