How would you set up the monthly 65k visa option?

For many years I've used the 800k method to renew my annual 'retirement' visa.

However I returned to the UK last year and took my 800k with me.
Since then I now have two pensions paid monthly into the same UK bank account.

Now being in the UK, I have time to prepare for my next 'retirement' visa using the 65k method.

I believe the UK Embassy are not involved in any Thai Immigration matters.

So, what would be the best way to set up proof of my income and it's source?  
Also do I need to send it into Thailand prior to the visa application?

Not clear what you want to do as Embassy indeed issues visas for purpose of retirement but that also requires proof of insurance for visa and any later extensions of stay and would require whatever proof Embassy says (but would not normally require funds in Thailand for visa). 

Suspect you are asking about conversion of tourist visa/visa exempt entry into non immigrant O visa and then one year extensions of that on basis of monthly income.  That requires money being deposited into Thai bank account in your name only.  The bank book/deposit records are used for proof.   

I'm very clear on what the question is.  What is the process for obtaining a non-O "retirement" visa using the 65K monthly income method if one is not already in country? Is there a minimum requirement for number of months' already deposited prior to your first extension in country?  

I have exactly the same questions for exactly the same scenario.  My question does not revolve around converting a tourist/visa exempt entry into a non-O; it's about arriving with a non-O already in hand and then being able to extend it annually using the income method.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JackSinclair said:

So, what would be the best way to set up proof of my income and it's source?  

As you have a bank account already set up I believe it's fairly simple in your case; start transferring 65K monthly now so you already have 3 or 4 months to show at the IO when you get back and go for the extension. Not so easy timewise for those starting from fresh.

4 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

Is there a minimum requirement for number of months' already deposited prior to your first extension in country?

I've seen 3 months a few times but have never really taken that much interest in this method so can't be sure. I have no doubt @ubonjoe will clarify when he gets a chance.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

I'm very clear on what the question is.

The OP's question is as clear as mud to me. However, taking what he has said literally at face value, what he first needs to do IMHO is to apply to the Royal Thai Embassy in London for a non-immigrant visa of the OA or O variety for retirement. Full details of the Embassy's requirements are set out in the following link which includes a reference to the need for evidence of monthly income equalling at least 65k THB in the case of the non-OA visa:-

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas

OP, I think you are confusing 2 very different requirements:

1 - what is needed to get the visa

2 - what will then be needed to do an in-country extension.

For #1 it is nto necessary to show money sent to Thailand. For an "O" visa, you need:

" A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000"

For an O-A visa, you need :

"Financial evidence showing monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB (approx. £1,625) or having the current balance of 800,000 THB (approx. £20,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, for at least 1 month"

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas

To extend either visa in-country, using the income method, you will need to show monthly transfers from aborad of 65K baht or more. This needs a bank statement and need to be sure the transfers are coded as coming from abroad. I think at time of first extension you need only 2 months of transfers but check that with @UbonJoe

At the present time, in-country extensions based on an O-A visa need proof of local insurance and those based on an O visa do not (all visa types need insurance to enter the country initially).

• Like 1

Apologies to you all for my post being so opaque. 

Travel from the UK to Thailand - enter on 1 month visa waver.

Apply for 1 year extension based on retirement in Thailand
Using 65k / month (instead of 800k).

Being proactive, how many 65k's should I transfer and what documents relating to the money do I need to prepare before I leave the UK and apply in Thailand?

ps   I do realise your all very busy with Thai pass, ASQ, Insurance etc etc
      Thank you

11 minutes ago, JackSinclair said:

Travel from the UK to Thailand - enter on 1 month visa waver.

Apply for 1 year extension based on retirement in Thailand
Using 65k / month (instead of 800k).

Transfers into a Thai bank bank will not be accepted to apply for the non-o visa at immigration. The requirement only state proof of income from your embassy will be accepted.

See: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Transfers into a Thai bank bank will not be accepted to apply for the non-o visa at immigration. The requirement only state proof of income from your embassy will be accepted.

See: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

If one applies for a non-O visa (for purposes of retirement) from an embassy/consulate in their home country, uses it to enter Thailand, and then wishes to extend it annually in Thailand using the income method, how many months' of transfers would be required prior to the first application for an annual extension?  

2 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

If one applies for a non-O visa (for purposes of retirement) from an embassy/consulate in their home country, uses it to enter Thailand, and then wishes to extend it annually in Thailand using the income method, how many months' of transfers would be required prior to the first application for an annual extension?  

Two or 3 months according to the written rules.

• Like 2

Wise transfer from your UK bank to Bangkok Bank mthly on same day (1st is a good start) checking the "funds for long term stay in Thailand" drop down. Then collect "service advices" each mth from your home BB branch and represent them annually for your bank certificate listing all 12 deposits. For your first extension application it is for only 2/3 mths dependant on your arrival date.

You will find that Wises fees are more than adequately covered by the higher conversion rate they use.

I found that BB was only interested in opening my account when I told them my pensions would be deposited monthly. Also I got Wise to flag my account to BB only to avoid domestic Thai transfers

Edited by chilly07

32 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Wise transfer from your UK bank to Bangkok Bank mthly on same day (1st is a good start) checking the "funds for long term stay in Thailand" drop down. Then collect "service advices" each mth from your home BB branch and represent them annually for your bank certificate listing all 12 deposits. For your first extension application it is for only 2/3 mths dependant on your arrival date.

You will find that Wises fees are more than adequately covered by the higher conversion rate they use.

I found that BB was only interested in opening my account when I told them my pensions would be deposited monthly. Also I got Wise to flag my account to BB only to avoid domestic Thai transfers

I have seen widespread reports that Wise transfers are not showing up as international funds transfers regardless of which option one chooses from the drop down menu.  This recent development raises questions about the reliability of showing bank codes in passbooks that denote international funds transfers.  Be cautious about relying solely on Wise at this time.

Edited by Tracyb

44 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Have you been reading the many discussions/ideas regarding Wise tagging accounts to only go through Bangkok Bank.

42 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

I have seen widespread reports that Wise transfers are not showing up as international funds transfers regardless of which option one chooses from the drop down menu.  This recent development raises questions about the reliability of showing bank codes in passbooks that denote international funds transfers.  Be cautious about relying solely on Wise at this time.

My monthly transfer arrived as scheduled today without any issues. BB messenger of receipt reads, “xxx transferred from abroad into acct. xxx”

1. A letter of guarantee from the bank in Thailand in Thai language (Attention: Immigration Commissioner)

Copy of all entries of the applicant’s passbook showing that the applicant has a savings or fixed deposit account of not less than Baht 800,000 or 65,000 monthly deposits. (all documents must be in the Applicant’s name)

Proving the monthly pension of the Applicant not less than Baht 65,000 per month (together with reference documents showing the source of monthly pension) 

2.    I submit a yearly updated source letter that I download from the veterans administration which states my monthly income.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:08 PM, lopburi3 said:

Not clear what you want to do as Embassy indeed issues visas for purpose of retirement but that also requires proof of insurance for visa and any later extensions of stay and would require whatever proof Embassy says (but would not normally require funds in Thailand for visa). 

Suspect you are asking about conversion of tourist visa/visa exempt entry into non immigrant O visa and then one year extensions of that on basis of monthly income.  That requires money being deposited into Thai bank account in your name only.  The bank book/deposit records are used for proof.   

I have run through every option in their book. They have a way of changing the rules right before you extend your visa. IMO, the best option, get an "0" visa and put 800K in a investment account. These two have taken little to no hits in my book and you will reduce the IMO woes.