Anyone else decided that Thailand is no longer the place they fell in love with and will never return?

33 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Was just in Phuket.  It's pretty quite, and a bit depressing seeing soooo many businesses shut down.  Like you, I got sick of it also.  Especially after our last trip just after the Tsunami when a baht bus driver almost attacked us for laughing at the rate he wanted to charge for a 1km trip.  They really don't know how to treat tourists properly.  Or just don't care.  Money, money, money...

True. But in the case of that driver, he is just another overgrown man child, who was told 4,700 times too many how special he was growing up under the tutelage of spectacularly untalented parents. He developed no self esteem, as the BS gender favortism is hollow and ancient nonsense.

He ended up with no sense of self and little things set him off. That describes a scary number of Thai men. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

True. But in the case of that driver, he is just another overgrown man child, who was told 4,700 times too many how special he was growing up under the tutelage of spectacularly untalented parents. He developed no self esteem, as the BS gender favortism is hollow and ancient nonsense.

He ended up with no sense of self and little things set him off. That describes a scary number of Thai men. 

What I've seen that is scary, is how quick Thai men fly off the handle for the littlest thing.  You best friend one minute, and ready to fight you the next. 

Yaba might be the reason.  It's soooo widely used here, and soooo cheap.  I know many yaba addicts.  All have mental issues.  All.

The government should institute mandatory training for those in the hospitality business.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Never needed "courage" to take a girl out of the bar, and don't need alcohol for anything anyway.

Making stuff up, I see. I don't only post on The Pub, and I've never asked where to get euthanasia drugs. Bet you can't quote me doing that.

You're confusing me with someone else. I've never had a ripped rotator cuff.

I do plenty of exercise, including digging tons of dirt, which I couldn't do with a damaged shoulder. I have mentioned the digging, so you must have missed those posts.

Oh the irony of someone coming on here to gripe about someone else griping. 55555555555

Feel free to not read any post I make, and you can put me on ignore, but I think you like making personal attacks, so you won't be doing that.

:coffee1:

I have never put anyone on ignor because I disagree with their views .  The personal attack? You started when I mentioned there are still bars you could hang at to pick up girls in Pattaya but I mentioned plenty of freelancers along the beach, You stated no freelancer would spend an hour or 2 talking to you along the beach rd you rather sit in a bar play connect 4  (no drinking? for you or her) till you decided if she was the one to take home. Told me my way was not for everyone.  I think, maybe wrong, that most guys here long term have bpicked up girls at clubs and have a favorite or 2 that they can just go to the bar and pick up or even call or message online. But then again I see you mentioned not liking smart phones.

I know you state you get exercise but digging dirt at farm your living at ( correct me  if  I am wrong) but I thought we had talked about you hurting your shoulder doing push ups.. ANd your reason for leaving, I thought you said  that you couldn't afford to live here anymore after last relationship failure. Could have stayed if living in family house but couldn;t anymore. But then you say you left because of increasing health insurance costs? Would have had those wether living in family house or in cheap condo in Pattaya. Well with no quarentene after Nov 1st and probably much relaxed entry  requirements after Jan 2022 you maybe can make visits to Thailand but live collect pension have health care in NZ.

I'll try and refrain from harsh comments/replies but sometimes  I get tired of guys complaing how bad things are because of ex wives, Gov, Immigration, finances  ect which a lot of could have been prevented by better choices, I'm out, Peace.

50 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I avoid that problem by not speaking to Thai man.

As for simple financial transactions, show no emotions, avoid chat, make no comments.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

I have never put anyone on ignor because I disagree with their views .  The personal attack? You started when I mentioned there are still bars you could hang at to pick up girls in Pattaya but I mentioned plenty of freelancers along the beach, You stated no freelancer would spend an hour or 2 talking to you along the beach rd you rather sit in a bar play connect 4  (no drinking? for you or her) till you decided if she was the one to take home. Told me my way was not for everyone.  I think, maybe wrong, that most guys here long term have bpicked up girls at clubs and have a favorite or 2 that they can just go to the bar and pick up or even call or message online. But then again I see you mentioned not liking smart phones.

I know you state you get exercise but digging dirt at farm your living at ( correct me  if  I am wrong) but I thought we had talked about you hurting your shoulder doing push ups.. ANd your reason for leaving, I thought you said  that you couldn't afford to live here anymore after last relationship failure. Could have stayed if living in family house but couldn;t anymore. But then you say you left because of increasing health insurance costs? Would have had those wether living in family house or in cheap condo in Pattaya. Well with no quarentene after Nov 1st and probably much relaxed entry  requirements after Jan 2022 you maybe can make visits to Thailand but live collect pension have health care in NZ.

I'll try and refrain from harsh comments/replies but sometimes  I get tired of guys complaing how bad things are because of ex wives, Gov, Immigration, finances  ect which a lot of could have been prevented by better choices, I'm out, Peace.

It's been real. Bye.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

OR, he was so poor that he couldn't feed his children, he was going to be evicted because he couldn't pay the rent, he'd been driving around all day and not making enough to pay for diesel, and  a rich farang that could easily afford to pay a bit more than usual laughed at him.

In that situation I'd be a bit "aggrieved" as well.

In Pattaya back in the day, they used to beat passengers that wouldn't pay the full 10 baht with a steel pipe.

Try not looking at things in a black and white way. Life is usually a shade of grey.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'm guessing he reads only right wing media sites.  Another grade school term used by them to rile up the masses.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2020/jan/21/how-the-word-woke-was-weaponised-by-the-right

How the word ‘woke’ was weaponised by the right

The term is meant to denote an attentiveness to important issues.

Like “politically correct” before it, the word “woke” has come to connote the opposite of what it means. Technically, going by the Merriam-Webster dictionary’s definition, woke means “aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)”, but today we are more likely to see it being used as a stick with which to beat people who aspire to such values, often wielded by those who don’t recognise how un-woke they are, or are proud of the fact.

If you want to discuss wokeness, perhaps you can start your own thread instead of hijacking mine.

• Thanks 1

I don't think it's possible to have understanding and respect for Thai women without first understanding and respecting Thai men. No need to respect the grandfather, father, brother, or son of the woman you profess to love? Really? The bashing of Thai males you read all too often on this forum is rooted in a pathetic ignorance of the culture and racism. Full stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

OR, he was so poor that he couldn't feed his children, he was going to be evicted because he couldn't pay the rent, he'd been driving around all day and not making enough to pay for diesel, and  a rich farang that could easily afford to pay a bit more than usual laughed at him.

In that situation I'd be a bit "aggrieved" as well.

In Pattaya back in the day, they used to beat passengers that wouldn't pay the full 10 baht with a steel pipe.

Try not looking at things in a black and white way. Life is usually a shade of grey.

Several of our relatives are taxi drivers. None are like you describe. At least pre covid. The internet is full of stories like mine. Amazing you've never seen them.

7 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

No need to respect the grandfather, father, brother, or son of the woman you profess to love? Really

My woman's father died in CM jail after a shootout with the police, where he killed two, and was himself shot in the leg. I guess he deserved a bit of respect for being a better shot than the police.

Two of her brothers were gang members in Bangkok who used to do drive by shootings at places that didn't pay them protection money. They're actually nice guys now they've grown out of the gang.

Edited by BritManToo

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My woman's father died in CM jail after a shootout with the police, where he killed two, and was himself shot in the leg.

I guess he deserves a bit of respect for being a better shot than the police.

Two of her brothers were gang members in Bangkok who used to do drive by shootings at places that didn't pay them protection money. They're actually nice guys now they've grown out of the gang.

I often suspect you of fabricating things to justify your arguments. Even if what you say is true, just because you married into a criminally inclined family doesn't give you license to make sweeping generalizations about all Thai males.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I don't think it's possible to have understanding and respect for Thai women without first understanding and respecting Thai men. No need to respect the grandfather, father, brother, or son of the woman you profess to love? Really? The bashing of Thai males you read all too often on this forum is rooted in a pathetic ignorance of the culture and racism. Full stop.

Hmmmmmm. My Thai BIL was a violent drunkard that stole my stuff. Should I respect him?

My Thai nephew arrived at the house every weekend to watch my tv, eat my wife's food, use my washing machine, and make a big mess which he never cleaned up before leaving. Should I respect him?

My other Thai nephew didn't visit us in Lamphun, but when I was living with him in the village he played his electric bass guitar very loudly every day after midnight and I couldn't sleep. Should I respect him?

My wife, of course, refused to deal with any of those situations, because it was her "culture" that men could do whatever they liked and she couldn't ask them to be considerate.

The only man in the family that didn't cause me a problem was my wife's father, because he died before I met her.

If I should "bash" Thai males it's because I had good reason to do so.

However, most men I met were not inconsiderate oafs, and I didn't "bash" them.

• Like 2