Nearly 2,500 travellers enter Thailand on first day of full reopening

webfact

3 minutes ago, big dendrobenaes said:

did YOU count them????!!!!!!

smile - no but  I read every. single. one. of them - I had the impression the story was a lot shorter than that.

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Stop spreading BS. Everyone who gets on a flight must be vaccinated and show a negative PCR test.

Correct. Thai nationals must have a PCR test with negative result prior to boarding a commercial flight. However, the early on repatriation flights scheduled by Thai government did not require a negative test. One way repatriation flight in June 2021 from LA to BKK cost as much as a commercial round trip. 

23 hours ago, dutchweller said:

Wife, Son and I are on a road trip around Thailand.

I hope for the people in the tourism industry things pick up.

A lot are virtual ghost towns.

Of note was Ao Nang, Phuket, Krabi, Ranong..

The most disappointing and annoying thing that has soured our Trip is the Dual pricing.

Especially the National parks..

Latest one today was Ao Nang 

Sneeky National Park pay booth on a random island last stop on a day boat trip..

Everyone is encouraged to get off the boat ... Out pops a fee collection officer Thai fees is 40 bhat... no problem..

FARANG you pay 400.... 

<deleted> Thailand 10 x the local pricing...

Even the Boat operators were <deleted> off.. the National Park tickets are normally 200 for Farang...

This type of greed is what puts a sour taste in Tourists mouth.

And is why when asked do I recommend Thailand I say No.

Go somewhere else where you are appreciated and it's worth the money asked...

People are sick of the scams, corruption and contempt Foriegn Tourists are treated with.

It needs to change or Thailand is doomed 

Attached the official sign for pricing.

And the 400 bhat ticket issued.

20211102_135233.jpg

20211102_134222.jpg

Trust you didn't pay it, I would have asked the official to stand by the notice board, point to the B200 and take their photo making them aware you will be contacting the news media, TAT and the minister of tourism.

19 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Trust you didn't pay it, I would have asked the official to stand by the notice board, point to the B200 and take their photo making them aware you will be contacting the news media, TAT and the minister of tourism.

Try that when you are litrally on a small island alone with 4 National Park guys demanding money and your only way off with your wife and child is a boat..

But yes I emailed official national park email it bounced back.

I sent a message on the official FB got no response

I will Email another when I can be bothered.

But do you really think they give FK?

The money flows up..

Even the boat operators said the new local national park boss bought a 20 million bhat house and 2 red plat BMW in the first 3 months he arrived on the job..

The only way to stop it is make people aware and avoid it..

• Sad 1

Bear in mind that there will be a significant number of people who are holding "credit accounts " with airlines for previously cancelled flights . Use it or lose it would presumably account for a number of bookings now.