Which insurance premium is cheapest to extend non-OA?

LMG is by far the cheapest, primarily because it excludes everything but being run over on your motorbike. For many of us, this is fine, as we have much more adequate insurance from our home countries; getting required Thai company insurance is just to meet their corrupt requirement.

Fortunately, I was not older than 75 when I had to get Thai insurance (the last age you can apply). And the LMG premium, per the above chart, was a manageable 11,400bt (no physical required). And, this year when I renewed, it was at the same advertised rate, i.e., 16,900bt for age 76.

And, when the borders finally open for a realistic border run, I'll convert to a Non O visa, thus no longer having to get a Thai company insurance policy. Of course, when I do this, and subsequently cancel my LMG insurance, the law will change to require insurance for Non Imm O extensions. And, I'll then be too old to get a new LMG policy....... Nevermind. Always wanted to test the probability of an old, home bound codger getting caught for overstay (he said, semi seriously....).

• Like 2