Thailand Insurance Requirement for Non-O Visa

13 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Are you sure you didn't have a Non-OA visa which gives you up to 1 year (or to the end of the visa/extension) on entry? 

Non-Imm O Visas come in Multi (which gives you unlimited 90 day entries for 1 year) & single (Which gives you a single 90 day entry) but they only give a 90 day permission to stay.

Trust me, I have approx 20 stamps in my passport for 2018 & 2019, each of them giving me 90 days to stay on my Non-Imm O (Multi) as I used to visit Bangkok from Singapore every other weekend.

I guess the question is whether one is on the original 90 day visa or on a subsequent extension. I've been on extensions for years. I may be over my head; I'll back off and listen and observe.

13 minutes ago, Enzian said:

I guess the question is whether one is on the original 90 day visa or on a subsequent extension. I've been on extensions for years. I may be over my head; I'll back off and listen and observe.

EDIT Apologies you were absolutely correct, I've just checked my last visits & was stamped to the end of the extension date... (17th September in my case)...

IMG_7413.jpg

@tjintxApologies, as @Enzianhas highlighted, you will be stamped in until your extension end date (30th April) so will need insurance until then. 

In my defence I have gone from travelling every other weekend to not leaving Thailand in 21 months so am a bit rusty.

Edited by Mike Teavee
Corrected my misunderstanding

10 hours ago, Dan747 said:

Ubonjoe, So your saying the above is a much better way to go concerning my 107 day stay.

For a 107 day day stay a 30 day visa exempt entry, 30 day extension and 60 days would be enough.

The 150 days would be if you got a non-o visa to use for entry.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tjintx said:

Hi,

Sorry if the answer to my question is obvious, but I am all lost in the nuances (kind of like being all lost in the supermarket but without the melody).

Last April 2021, at CW, I received a 1-year Non-O (retirement) extension.   I also got a multiple re-entry permit.  My passport reentry permit indicates it is valid until 30 April 2022, allows multiple entries, and length of stay is until 30 April 2022.  I left soon after for my home country.  I plan to come back 8 December of this year and stay until 12 April, 2022.

I purchased 6 months of insurance which covers beyond that 30 April 2022 date.   Is that sufficient or will Immigration grant me a 1 year stay upon entry into Thailand (until December 2022) and, thus, I would need a full year's worth of insurance?

Thank you for your advice!

Tim

@ubonjoe, does what I have done (six months insurance and air return date) and what I am assuming (that I will be allowed to stay to the end of entry permit date on my rentry stamp) per the above sound ok?  Thank you!

17 minutes ago, tjintx said:

@ubonjoe, does what I have done (six months insurance and air return date) and what I am assuming (that I will be allowed to stay to the end of entry permit date on my rentry stamp) per the above sound ok?  Thank you!

Yes it is correct.

You will only be stamped in to the date your re-entry permit expires.

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

EDIT Apologies you were absolutely correct, I've just checked my last visits & was stamped to the end of the extension date... (17th September in my case)...

IMG_7413.jpg

@tjintxApologies, as @Enzianhas highlighted, you will be stamped in until your extension end date (30th April) so will need insurance until then. 

In my defence I have gone from travelling every other weekend to not leaving Thailand in 21 months so am a bit rusty.

VERY impressed that you managed to get immigration to get 4 sets of stamps on one page.............................by the time they have waved their stamp around, like Harry Potter's wand, I only manage 3 sets.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

VERY impressed that you managed to get immigration to get 4 sets of stamps on one page.............................by the time they have waved their stamp around, like Harry Potter's wand, I only manage 3 sets.

Lol 4 does seem to be the magic number (but like you, only managed 3 on the left hand side)...   

IMG_7412.jpg

Edited by Mike Teavee