Hua Hin has received no bookings from foreign tourists: Tourism official

webfact

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

disagree ......    the reason folks won't come to Thailand is because of all the paperwork, tests, red tape, documents, quarantine and hassle.

Tourists just want to pack their bag and jump on the plane, 

And unload the "gun".

19 hours ago, Percy P said:

That's only a temporally thing. Getting beer is no problem. As for tourists they'll be there. 3 of my friends have already booked for April .Thai new year.

Wow! ????????????

No one is coming to thailand until tourists are very certain that the thailand government would not expedite another complete lockdown if kung flu cases rise across the country...imagine being stuck in your hotel room/condo for weeks on end if another lockdown occurs..... does not bode well for the tourist industry....

Edited by crankshaft
miss spelling

On 11/3/2021 at 4:28 PM, Percy P said:

That's only a temporally thing. Getting beer is no problem. As for tourists they'll be there. 3 of my friends have already booked for April .Thai new year.

Man, this is Thaivisa forum only negative comments allowed. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 3:22 PM, webfact said:

In November there was only 10% advance bookings at hotels - and they were all domestic Thai tourists, not foreigners.

Now that wouldn't have anything to do with them lifting their rates as much as 40% exactly as the We Travel Together 40% government discount was announced, well please explain to me how it wasn't because I saw the 40% difference a week earlier waiting for the discount so I could tell the wife to book.

No sympathy here, money in my pocket and I am a foreigner.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 11:22 AM, webfact said:

"We're ready and open", he said. "But only Thais are coming, and not many of them". 

I call BS on this.  The last few weekends HH have been jam packed with Thais.  Traffic on the weekends has been horrendous. 

My wife and I were walking on Hua Hin Soi 57 and the surrounding farang-focused tourist area one Saturday evening a few weekends ago.  It looked like 75% of the businesses were closed. Permanently. Psychologically it was depressing. And that's not taking into account Soi Binthabaht (sp?) and Soi 80 where the bars and restaurants have been decimated. If the government was smart and serious about this they'd help the surviving businesses to stay afloat and offer seed money to get businesses into the spaces left behind when businesses went belly up.

Oh.... and ditch the puritanical rules on alcohol, especially in restaurants.  It has little effect other than making tourists choose destinations that are more fun.  Like Dubai.  

• Like 1

Sri Lanka was ahead of the game, opened up faster - PCR test on arrival - then go anywhere and covid medical insurance was optional, not mandatory...

(I think you may be able to not even quarantine 24 hours there now..as in fast test and go..or that might still be only for Lankans right now.)

Keynote of Thai officialdom is chaotic ever-changing overly complex rules...one notch below india with their triplicate angry officialdom.

Edited by freedomnow

Slightly off topic but since the Thai Embassy in London went online and followed the trend of making travel more of a hassle , a lot of casual tourists have balked at the ' modern way of doing things ' and gone to other places  with easier to follow requirements ,  for their holidays.

In my mind you can almost visualize the mindset that says computers and online applications are far superior to the old ways of physical paper and face to face interactions.....no arguments tolerated. Young university graduates on a mission to drag those with money and a desire travel into the modern era regardless of what those people actually want.  A definite boon to embassy staff who can now concentrate on their facebook accounts and playing candy crush. 

As far as tourists from the UK go , the problem with holidays to Thailand begin at this very first point of contact with the ' land of smiles '  The impression is given that the Kingdom is doing would- be tourists a huge favor allowing them to come here at all. A performing dog has less to do when it comes to applying to come to Thailand.

The first SE Asian country to understand that what tourists want is a cheap, simple and fulfilling holiday will reap the benefits.

My bet is that none of them will be able to assimilate this simple equation. They will just employ more university graduates who will feel pressured into demonstrating their value by  shaking things up and producing something very similar to what they have just shelved.

We are already seeing the sorry results of this modern modus operandi in the new Thailand Pass reboot.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I just arrived from London to Bangkok this morning on Thai airways. It's fair to say that there wasn't a single "tourist" on the plane. About 90% were Thais returning and the few farangs onboard were returning here for long term stays or travelling with their Thai wife.

how full was the plane as people talk about possible testing positive if have others seated on either side of you.......I suppose its thai air too--sez alot

Just driven 2 hours to Hua Hin to do a bit of fishing off the pier and have a meal. Fishing pier is closed! At Cha Am now waiting for some barbecue pork to finish cooking and then drive 2 hours back home. Gread day out so far.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

how full was the plane as people talk about possible testing positive if have others seated on either side of you.......I suppose its thai air too--sez alot

Boeing 777. Just 100 passengers total. Only 7 in business class. It was a the same flight Richard Barrow took. He did a "tweet" blog here.

• Like 1