Hua Hin has received no bookings from foreign tourists: Tourism official

webfact

2019 Foreign Tourists : Hua Hin 1 million/ Phuket 10 mil / Pattaya 9 mil. / Bangkok 18 mil / Chiang Mai 3 mil. Total Thailand 41 mil.. ZERO Reported so far in HH & CM since 1 Nov, but that’s only 3 days ago.

“Thailand Pass” scheme replaces COE 7Nov and appears an utter fiasco at present.

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

I know a few have travelled to Phuket from inside Thailand, it was also interesting that when figures were published yeterday that over 6,000 had left Thailand 

In the OP photo - there seem to be a lot of waitresses in that place seving about 3 customers lol - hardly groundbreaking is it 

and as we all know just like their daily covid figures - TAT figures are just as suspect, however it seems Hua Hin is being open and honest  about the reality of Thailands so called opening - it is an absolute failure and the reasons are obvious to most 

I believe one should be expecting the lovely and twisted Thai-inclined rhetoric to continue on it's journey for the short coming. 

You know that is - all about misdirection and slight-of-hand. The principle of existence. 

2 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

TAT don't realise it yet, but they are in the process of discovering the Thai version of the solution to quadratic and cubic equations. 

The solution to these equations rely on the acceptance of negative numbers which often in mathematical circles (pun intended) are referred to as "imaginary numbers".

Very soon, TAT will announce that the number of foreign tourists expected next year will be five minus the square root of negative 15 to the power of the square root of negative one, and nobody will be able to prove them wrong.

-1=ei⎍

Always fascinated me (couldn't find the correct symbol for pi)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is anyone surprised?  Hua Hin has been sold down the river again, along with Pattaya and Chiang Mai.  Promises from the government broken, as usual, and preferential treatment given to Bangkok.  The new governor of Prachuabkhirikhan needs to pull his fist out of his *rse and get things moving.  He could start by opening the schools on 15th November, not simply 'thinking' about it.

• Like 2

My thought is the same problem CNX reported..no bookings---ID be happy to book now..to CM

There are NO flights to CNX direct as id prefer to test and hotel there....same goes for Hua Hin

there is NO transit allowed thru BKK to CM or HH so we all have to pay for these "select" $$$ hotels in BKK for one night-testing..possibly 2 nights

Seems easy to see why...allow transit to these places---offer some direct flights that bypass BKK and seemingly solved

Only transit allowed is to Samui with $$$$ hotels and $$$$ flights out.....as much as I try to dent this--is all adds up to $$$$ in the end from my view

Easiest to accept it as a bribe and who is willing to pay it to get back in---all you rich hiso farangs aka quality tourists the thai crew wants us to be....sigh

• Like 1

If this coming high season is a flop , as HH is demonstrating , I would imagine that the majority of workers employed in the "leisure " industry will be seeking alternative and more reliable jobs . That will have a huge impact on Thailand's tourism . Even a 50% migration from the tourist industry will have serious implications .

18 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

I just arrived from London to Bangkok this morning on Thai airways. It's fair to say that there wasn't a single "tourist" on the plane. About 90% were Thais returning and the few farangs onboard were returning here for long term stays or travelling with their Thai wife.

You must miss ASEAN velly velly mutch.

Flying for 11hours and already online.

• Haha 2