Water Heater Ground Light

sensei

I bought a Haier water heater to replace an older Sharp model that finally gave up. There are three indicator light in front. The leftmost is the ELCB light, the middle one turns itself on when water is being heated, and the rightmost one is labeled EARTH.

The manual in the box says that all three lights should be on when the heater is in use. I have connected all of the wires properly. What happens is something I cannot understand. When I use the water heater, the ELCB light remains on and the HEATER light turns on as well but the EARTH light doesn't turn on leaving me with two lights on instead of three.

When I disconnected the earth wire to do troubleshoot, the light turned on. When I connected it back to the heater, it would not turn on again.

Anyone experiencing the same thing? 

Screen_Shot_2021-11-03_at_7_11_41_PM.jpg.461ca47376abce78da616184f1d14ef3.jpgScreen_Shot_2021-11-03_at_7_10_25_PM.jpg.7456542d7da01d92e8ba03e6533e3658.jpg20211022_080644.thumb.jpg.f54f176869f7d2f8ee1c358d6006bd63.jpg

Check your supply polarity at the heater and verify the integrity of your earth back to the rod.

If all tests good then either live with it (it's not going to be a hazard without the light) or take it back for a replacement.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Crossy said:

Check your supply polarity at the heater and verify the integrity of your earth back to the rod.

If all tests good then either live with it (it's not going to be a hazard without the light) or take it back for a replacement.

Done exactly this used it and yes, I am still here. Thank you!

• Like 1