Relax, the Swedes are coming: Swedish tourists rush to book trips to Thailand

webfact

Well it is November, and in Sweden and other northern countries, Winter has started, or is getting

near.  If this Winter is going to be cold and miserable, I do not blame anyone who is planning

a long break from it.  3 to 4 months in Thailand compared with 3 to 4 months in some snowy, cold

and dark northern country sounds great to lots of people. 

Geezer

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 5:53 PM, rabang said:

Although the Northern European winter is harsh Sweden has abandoned all the restrictions and people are free to do whatever they want. The sun and warmth of Thailand are not enough to lure them if they'd feel like landing in a police state.

Cool story.  No need to keep repeating.  Your work is done here. You can go back to your video games now.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Well it is November, and in Sweden and other northern countries, Winter has started, or is getting

near.  If this Winter is going to be cold and miserable, I do not blame anyone who is planning

a long break from it.  3 to 4 months in Thailand compared with 3 to 4 months in some snowy, cold

Geezer

Yes indeed, and a couple of Covid tests and a night in a hotel on arrival is really not a big obstacle no matter what the naysayers on here say.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Geezer

Not so great if many places are closed and you have to wear a mask everywhere when you step out of your hotel room / condo.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/5/2021 at 11:27 AM, WEBBYB808 said:

And now the Taxi drivers are attempting  to price gouge.  2500 from airport to Pattaya.   Do yourself a favor.  Find alternate route.  Don't  let them use you like that.

Only happens to idiots. Taxis are highly regulated at the airport. For years! Only a fool gets suckered. There is a system of queuing, ticketing, metre etc. Excellent service. But with VIP 'limo service' you pay the price you are willing but only very stupid people get ripped off at Suwanaphooni Airport. Public taxis are abundant, cheap and honest.

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2021 at 1:21 AM, Dustdevil said:

If I were on the cusp of a Swedish winter I'd be rushing out for tickets to Thailand as well.

Well, I'm on the cusp of a Canadian winter and I just bought tickets yesterday.  Application in embassy and have yet not had the pleasure of addressing the Thailand pass.  Looking forward to finding out what shape the apartments in. and having a San Mig beverage with friends (well spaced) at Tiggers.

Got everything crossed

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Let's see... which would I prefer....

--freezing cold and snow at home with no mask, or

--tropical sunny Thailand, attractive young women and wearing a mask....

DUH!!!

Outside it is so hot that the mask melts on your face. I wouldn't mind it if it was only indoors.

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Only happens to idiots. Taxis are highly regulated at the airport. For years! Only a fool gets suckered.

Or perhaps people who have not been there before and really believe the taxis are regulated and well controlled..... not be many of those amongst tourists arriving at a tourist island airport will there!

Edited by jacko45k

On 11/10/2021 at 12:12 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Only happens to idiots. Taxis are highly regulated at the airport. For years! Only a fool gets suckered. There is a system of queuing, ticketing, metre etc. Excellent service. But with VIP 'limo service' you pay the price you are willing but only very stupid people get ripped off at Suwanaphooni Airport. Public taxis are abundant, cheap and honest.

Buses are in the lower level and just as fast as the taxi mafia