Relax, the Swedes are coming: Swedish tourists rush to book trips to Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Really?

Today in Germany another record in Covid cases.

37200 today and rising.

Wait until the winter arrives.

This is what is going to drive the number of tourists up....cold & covid. C&C. I think Thailand would be a far better place to spend some time in Jan/Feb in regards to cold and covid than Germany,  if they ramp up the vaccination rates.

Currently in Europe...thick fog outside, all grey. Can't wait to slip into my flip flops in Phuket next week.

8 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Chinese not coming, Russians, Germans, Brits .... with massive surge in cases. If cases in Thailand go up again, who do you think they will blame. Yes, the foreign tourists.

Who else than those who bring the virus here? 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

How does this effect tourism when you have to be vaccinated and tested before traveling and after arriving?

vaccinated people spread too as well get also in the hospital. The A.30 mutation is wandering around and bypasses the vaccin. A.30 is on of the 9 or to known mutation that are able to bypass the vaccin.

Tourism, traveling and things line events are helping the virus to travel and spread faster. 

Edited by Autonuaq
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, gearbox said:

This is what is going to drive the number of tourists up....cold & covid. C&C. I think Thailand would be a far better place to spend some time in Jan/Feb in regards to cold and covid than Germany,  if they ramp up the vaccination rates.

Currently in Europe...thick fog outside, all grey. Can't wait to slip into my flip flops in Phuket next week.

vaccination just start to prevent to get ill and we have reached now that vaccination does not stop the herd immunity. Tourism, traveling and events help the spreading due to the new mutations that get a chance due to tourism, traveling and events.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Sandra Miller Kinge from the Apollo travel group said that there have been three times as many bookings to Thailand compared to the week previous, adding that there has been great interest in Thailand.

So 3 people booked or?

3 times as many as last week means diddly squat.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

I'm glad they are no longer <deleted> off about how it became so difficult to overwinter here with new visa classes/restrictions. Last i heard Hua Hin was a ghost town due to their absence.

Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw the headline - that maybe HH (NO foreign hotel bookings so far) is about to emerge from the ashes ...

1 hour ago, Benmart said:

Ever notice the verbs used in these propaganda pieces? Rush, scramble, run, dash, hurry, scurry are just some of them. I suppose the news clones who compose these stories think that using these words will make their fairy tales more believable..

Just like the high ranking BIB 'rushing' to their crime scenes 555

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

And now the Taxi drivers are attempting  to price gouge.  2500 from airport to Pattaya.   Do yourself a favor.  Find alternate route.  Don't  let them use you like that.

The Swedes are not coming to Pattaya.

They know you can get a beer in Phuket.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

And now the Taxi drivers are attempting  to price gouge.  2500 from airport to Pattaya.   Do yourself a favor.  Find alternate route.  Don't  let them use you like that.

Yes, the scums trying to make up for loss revenue. Airport to Pattaya or vise verse 1200 and they pay toll fees is a fair price   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Sweden

12% of peak and rising

58 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days

75,6 % of infections where unvaccinated.

Source: (in Swedish) 

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/folkhalsorapportering-statistik/statistikdatabaser-och-visualisering/vaccinationsstatistik/statistik-for-vaccination-mot-covid-19/uppfoljning-av-vaccination/forekomst-av-covid-19-efter-vaccination/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

zero to 3 is not threefold, is infinite.

The person you quoted already had said it correctly, why ruin it?

Why? just because I can, open forum

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1