Only 10 international travelers found infected with Covid-19 upon their arrival in Thailand since the reopening, Public Health Ministry reports

webfact

Dh9R2G4NxXgdvMKSRQ1v-696x465.jpg

PHOTO: Thansettakij

By Nop Meechukhun

National – Only 10 travelers, accountable for 0.08 percent, tested positive for Covid-19 Coronavirus upon arriving in Thailand since the first day of the country opening, according to the Ministry of Public Health’s reports today, November 5th.

Dr. Sumanee Watcharasin, the Director of Risk Communication and Health Behavior Development Bureau from the Ministry of Public Health, revealed the recent statistic of incoming visitors after the reopening on November 1st that a total of 13,229 people have arrived in Thailand, including 9,210 people in Suvarnabhumi Airport, 4,005 people in Phuket, and 182 people in Samui.

Of that, only 10 people were found infected, accountable for a 0.08 percent infection rate of all visitors.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/05/only-10-international-travelers-found-infected-with-covid-19-upon-their-arrival-in-thailand-since-the-reopening-public-health-ministry-reports/

PattayaNews.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

683 of those arriving were through the 7 - 10 day quarantine route, I suspect they were mostly Thai's and unvaccinated or untested before departure so they could make up the majority of those testing positive on arrival?

Umm, so 4.8% of all arrivals were unvaccinated (or not from the 63 countries) and 0.08% of all arrivals tested positive...what are odds

...again Thailand shoot themselves in the foot by not reporting Test & Go results separately to show greater success on their control scheme

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

I would want a retest, they were already tested less than 72hrs ago

Most of the tests aren't that reliable nor consistent. 

One can have a positive result today........take another in a few hours and prove negative.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

National – Only 10 travelers, accountable for 0.08 percent, tested positive for Covid-19 Coronavirus upon arriving in Thailand since the first day of the country opening, according to the Ministry of Public Health’s reports today, November 5th.

10 people who wished they never came.

• Like 1

I flew through Zurich yesterday Nov. 5. There were many Thais in the lineup for the Swiss Air flight to Bangkok. I'm going to estimate that the passenger list comprised some 60-70% Thai nationals, based on sightings in the pre-flight lounge and looking across the B777 cabin.

Forgot something. The Swiss flight was delayed over half an hour to remove luggage of passengers who checked in but did not have certain documents, which I interpret to mean the COE or PCR test. The captain made the announcement over the PA.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Extra info
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I flew through Zurich yesterday Nov. 5. There were many Thais in the lineup for the Swiss Air flight to Bangkok. I'm going to estimate that the passenger list comprised some 60-70% Thai nationals, based on sightings in the pre-flight lounge and looking across the B777 cabin.

Must be done with the berry picking and are now returning home to pick the falang ATM...

6 hours ago, smedly said:

I would want a retest, they were already tested less than 72hrs ago

I'd default to the "these must be Thais as they do not require a test" argument, but I am pretty sure nearly ALL airlines require a test.

TG seems to offer an out...

TESTING REQUIREMENTS
Thai Nationals are exempt from the pre-departure COVID-19 test requirement but are strongly recommended to undertake this test before travelling. 

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

So what? The people arriving are double vaccinated

Meh.

Some are fully vaxxed, some are not vaxxed, some are tested pre-flight, some are not tested pre-flight.

There is a mix going Test & Go, Sandbox, SHA+, AQ, with 1/7/14 day quarantines.

I assume there is a mix on each aircraft.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Meh.

Some are fully vaxxed, some are not vaxxed, some are tested pre-flight, some are not tested pre-flight.

Don't assume, just know that this is the way it is being done.  All onboard the flight but with different types of quarantines from unvaxxed to fully vaxxed and tested.

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Meh.

No matter what, their current ways of doing things will not beat the virus and it’s a complete waste of resources.

Many double vaccinated tourists will just catch the virus during their holiday, which then results in a never ending hunt for those and resources used to isolate people that are not even sick. That for sure will scare even more tourists away and hurt the economy further.

The virus can not be beaten. It has won and the “zero covid” agenda is simply not working. It’s amazing they can not get this into their heads and make them stop trying to fight an impossible battle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

683 of those arriving were through the 7 - 10 day quarantine route, I suspect they were mostly Thai's and unvaccinated or untested before departure so they could make up the majority of those testing positive on arrival?

So Richard Barrow's chart says only 1 passenger out of 8,169 arrivals on the test & go scheme in BKK tested positive on arrival (0.012%)

Anyone know where this more specific details is being tracked for daily updates (TAT site used to track sandbox daily but not any more)

Screenshot_20211106-163222_Samsung Internet.jpg

8 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Summarized from the OP article:

The 10 most visiting countries are

1.) the United States 1,593  

2.) Germany 1,592 

3.) the United Kingdom 1,006

4.) Japan 935 

5.) Switzerland 624

6.) Sweden 511

7.) South Korea 499 

8.) Netherlands 363

9.) United Arab Emirates 350

10.) China 345 

That makes 7,818, so guessing returning Thai's are around 5,000 of the 13,229...

So wierd that a country counts their own citizens in number of visitors to their country, however, given the majority of arrivals are Thai, how many of the 10 infected were Thai? 

Maybe the positive % for "Foreign" visitors is actually 0%. Wouldn't that be great news to remove the arrival PCR and quarantine.

That is not going to happen, the unelected soldier masquerading as a PM will fleece the tourists as much as they can for reasons everyone knows.

6 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Most of the tests aren't that reliable nor consistent. 

One can have a positive result today........take another in a few hours and prove negative.

I had a positive result which proved negative after less than 30 mins.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I'd default to the "these must be Thais as they do not require a test" argument, but I am pretty sure nearly ALL airlines require a test.

TG seems to offer an out...

TESTING REQUIREMENTS
Thai Nationals are exempt from the pre-departure COVID-19 test requirement but are strongly recommended to undertake this test before travelling. 

My misses not long  returned after a couple of months in Thailand she had to have the test prior to departure, 2 weeks in a gov hotel.

A total rip off, whilst I respect and will comply with requirements to travel etc, the more I see of it the more I'm convinced it is being milked, just a way of making money.

• Like 2