Thailand Pass and re-entry after traveling to several countries How does that work?

Looking to go on a holiday in 2022 and have not picked out when or where yet.  However if you travel to multiple countries how does that work on re-entry?  Do all of them have to be on the approved list otherwise a quarantine?  With countries constantly shifting from low to high infection does that not mean it is a roulette wheel when a person is traveling not knowing if the country they are visiting will not be on the approved list for re-entry while their itinerary takes them there? 

Not sure how that would work and tried my local immigration office and just gave me mobile telephone number but would only want to say one Asean country ie Cambodia and how would Thai Pass work then and normally a reentry on extension based on retirement for which no insurance is required
Would I have to get Covit 19 insurance and of course my Thai wife is covered on the family insurance.
It is basically for visitors and returnees and wish it was less complicated.
Yes makes no difference if one support our Thai families and such a shame we providing most of the funds but not allowed on the family insurance policy
But that is another subjedt.