Bluetooth earphones for tv. (Thai TV noise destroying my mental health!)

Toolong

31 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Once you narrow down the field some, have you considered taking her shopping with you and letting her try on and get a feel for a preferred choice (within your established price and other constraints)?

Hansum man. Love you too mut.

You like the gold ones? I do you favor to wear and ju do favor to buy.

Good brand and gold. Ju kno i luv gold too mut.

Please hansum.

D0B7E553-8E2D-4923-8CAF-6C402A454160.jpeg

Have you asked her if she's prepared to use these proposed earphones? I suspect her answer might be for you to wear some.....!!!!!

I actually prefer wearing headphones or earphones to watch tv. Cuts out all  external noise for me, and if it is late at night and everyone else is in bed, I don't disturb them.

Sometimes I have the GF and daughter both watching something on their ipads, so with the earphones, I can sit and watch TV in peace and quiet.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-redmi-earbuds-basic-airdots-s-airdots-tws-mi-true-wireless-bluetooth-earphone-50-vivo-samsung-huawei-i2402265193-s8213463791.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.7.2517372btROsX4&search=1

I got a pair of these- cheap and cheerful. Had them for a year or so with no problems. recharge about every 2-3 hours

Edited by Sir Trevor

2 hours ago, barry553 said:

Just look for the top selling bluetooth headphones on shoppee or Lazada. I got some but can't remember the name, maybe TWS. They are one of the best bargains I have ever bought as they were only 300 or 400 baht and I use them all the time now. 

I've had these for over a year ...... amazing for the price 140bht (inc delivery).

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ha-tws-v50-led-iphone-i1831262214-s10095426741.html

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Toolong said:

Good suggestion. Will look out for TWS at that price. If they've worked well for you for some time, I am interested. 

Thanks. ????????????

TWS will have more than one model. Buy a couple of pairs; either from Mr DIY or the ones that scuba suggests. They need recharging. Wife won't be impressed if they conk out in the middle of a program; so a second pair already charged and ready to swap might be a solution.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Toolong said:

Yes, I had the same thought. Let her choose. Good idea. 

Only possible downside......she happens to absolutely LOVE the feel of the priciest ones!! Then I'll need to have a contingency plan ready! Or just pay up! ????????

Just set a "Not To Exceed" budget that you're comfortable with, and explain it to her in advance, and then go from there.

And/or, I always tell my wife in such matters, "OK, I'll pay up to XXX baht, and anything beyond that, it's your money to pay. And not surprisingly, she usually manages to pick something she wants within my pre-established budget!  ????

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Toolong said:

That link is mighty helpful, robblok. I can go over 600 baht if required. Thanks for posting that and your comments. Useful. Cheers!! ????????????

(Oh, btw, cheapest beer? Local no-name cash & carry place does it for me, though only Thai suds available. It's a hard life!????)

My point was that many people here often seem to go for the cheapest option available. Personally I like to spend a bit more money on IT stuff. I am certainly no audiophile (my hearing is not that great). But usually the bit more expensive models or brands have better connection (longer range) better battery life ect, better compatability.

I clicked on the link someone posted of cheapest chinese headphones and I saw Bluedio 7t  and I have had Bluedio and they are great. 

I like one of the guys like headphones more then earbuds (headphones also have longer battery life in general). 

Often in topics like this you get people promoting the cheapest of the cheap, if that is your thing so be it I like stuff to be a but better then those kind of things. I pay for quality and comfort. (within limits). Those bluetooth headphones / buds can also be used for the phone or tablet or even computer if it has bluetooth.

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

Have you asked her if she's prepared to use these proposed earphones? I suspect her answer might be for you to wear some.....!!!!!

I actually prefer wearing headphones or earphones to watch tv. Cuts out all  external noise for me, and if it is late at night and everyone else is in bed, I don't disturb them.

Sometimes I have the GF and daughter both watching something on their ipads, so with the earphones, I can sit and watch TV in peace and quiet.

Haven't told her yet (presently some distance apart.....will bring it up when I see her tomorrow)

Yep, agree about how one might prefer head/earphones. Hope she sees likewise. Persuaded her to use earphones when on phone and she's aware of advantages.

4 hours ago, Sir Trevor said:

Sir Trevor (your lordship), 

Thanks for link. If been good for you, I'm interested. Only worry is they arrive and she thinks they're uncomfortable. But then, if so, I haven't lost much money. So thinking now of trying & buying in shop, so she can try them on.

Maybe the shop will have your type.

Thanks!????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

TWS will have more than one model. Buy a couple of pairs; either from Mr DIY or the ones that scuba suggests. They need recharging. Wife won't be impressed if they conk out in the middle of a program; so a second pair already charged and ready to swap might be a solution.

Thanks Bruno. I get your point about charging. I didn't think of that. 2nd pair....????....there speaks the voice of experience! Great idea!

????????

54 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just set a "Not To Exceed" budget that you're comfortable with, and explain it to her in advance, and then go from there.

And/or, I always tell my wife in such matters, "OK, I'll pay up to XXX baht, and anything beyond that, it's your money to pay. And not surprisingly, she usually manages to pick something she wants within my pre-established budget!  ????

Very sound advice! (Excuse the pun!) We often do the same thing about budget limits. Avoids much grief! Can nicely apply in this case, I think!????????

48 minutes ago, robblok said:

My point was that many people here often seem to go for the cheapest option available. Personally I like to spend a bit more money on IT stuff. I am certainly no audiophile (my hearing is not that great). But usually the bit more expensive models or brands have better connection (longer range) better battery life ect, better compatability.

I clicked on the link someone posted of cheapest chinese headphones and I saw Bluedio 7t  and I have had Bluedio and they are great. 

I like one of the guys like headphones more then earbuds (headphones also have longer battery life in general). 

Often in topics like this you get people promoting the cheapest of the cheap, if that is your thing so be it I like stuff to be a but better then those kind of things. I pay for quality and comfort. (within limits). Those bluetooth headphones / buds can also be used for the phone or tablet or even computer if it has bluetooth.

You're right about buying wisely in the way you describe, to get a sensible compromise of price, quality and functionality, robblok. 

Will note 'Bluedio' as recommended. Thanks, robblok. ????????????

1 minute ago, Toolong said:

You're right about buying wisely in the way you describe, to get a sensible compromise of price, quality and functionality, robblok. 

Will note 'Bluedio' as recommended. Thanks, robblok. ????????????

Bluedio T7 plus 

That was actually in the link that someone else posted. But these are headphones not earbuds. But you really should ask your wife what she prefers.

I find the remark of losing an earbud valid for those of us (like me) that are not that neat. I can envision myself losing one (more like misplacing and having to look everywhere).

The Bluedio T7 plus is available on lazada both in country and out of country. (be careful)

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I've found a lot of stuff is exactly the same, just with different packaging and labels.

All from China, all identical circuitry no matter if cheap or expensive.

PS. I've previously had Bluedio, didn't work and chucked it.

Edited by BritManToo

52 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've found a lot of stuff is exactly the same, just with different packaging and labels.

All from China, all identical circuitry no matter if cheap or expensive.

Yes Brit your right.... I mean its completely logical that big brands are exactly the same as the cheap 100bt brands. ????

That must be why in tests the best and cheapest are always filled with Chinese no name stuff... o wait that does not happen.

SO either ALL reviewers of products are bias, (some certainly are) or your just not right in your statement.

Your remark about the identical circuitry makes no sense at all as its just not true. Components  decide how expensive something is (plus a markup for it being a brand item). Good example is motherboards the cheap ones just don't last as long. I got a lot of experience in that as i used to build and sell computes. The cheaper brands (on average) lasted far shorter. 

Also there are good Chinese headphones like Bluedio but they are not as cheap as the stuff you buy. So by your logic they must perform the same as the cheaper stuff.. guess what it does not. 

Many parts in electronics like capacitors and other stuff have a lot of quality difference. So cheap parts are just that cheap parts. 

https://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/8/article_02_all_solid.htm

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supplies-101,4193-5.html

Same goes for cheap power supplies vs more expensive ones. Most people who know anything about computers know that this makes a world of difference.

So sorry that I don't believe you because my experience tells me that things are not all the same and the parts used can vary a lot and have a lot of influence on how long and how good something works.

Edited by onthedarkside
profanity removed
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, robblok said:

Bluedio T7 plus 

That was actually in the link that someone else posted. But these are headphones not earbuds. But you really should ask your wife what she prefers.

I find the remark of losing an earbud valid for those of us (like me) that are not that neat. I can envision myself losing one (more like misplacing and having to look everywhere).

The Bluedio T7 plus is available on lazada both in country and out of country. (be careful)

Thanks robblok. You have me thinking, yes, maybe she would prefer headphones. Good call. Appreciate that.

Cheers!????????????

23 hours ago, tonray said:

I'm only laughing because the GF is sitting at the table eating breakfast while watching some insane Thai video with absurd sound effects for added measure...bells, whistles, you name it....time for a walk outside before something happens.

It has always amazed me how the low count of brain cells that are required to appreciate all those sound effects.

15 minutes ago, keithkarmann said:

It has always amazed me how the low count of brain cells that are required to appreciate all those sound effects.

Insulting my GF is not really what I had in mind but if that was your intention....well done !

And you think your wife is going to use these headphones?

I'll give it one hour until they're dumped. 

And plenty of excuses come up for not using them such as uncomfortable, batteries empty etc...

Good luck with it

On 11/7/2021 at 9:57 AM, robblok said:

You have to read the audience, we are talking about people who argue about where the cheapest beer can be found. ????

I suspect quite a few argue about where to get the best price for empties. ????

Edited by IAMHERE

On 11/7/2021 at 9:53 AM, patekatek said:

My wife purchased a set of JBL over the ear bluetooth headphones for me to use when she's watching some Korean soap with dubbed in Thai.  The screeching, hideous, unbearable dubbing that is commonly used over here.

That being said, these JBL's cost about 2,700 baht but the sound quality and length of time between recharges makes them worth the cost.   I'm going n 71 and my hearing isn't the best and I have a heck of a hard time understanding the words being spoken when using the standard built-in Samsung speakers.  The JBL's made a huge positive improvement.  Bye-the-way, I have a Samsung smart TV as well so I know first hand these are compatible.  Actually, any bluetooth speakers should work.

Only AKG & JBL work with my Samsung smart TV! The TV won't connect to Sony & Marshall which both work with my Samsung phone. So be careful. Good luck!

5 hours ago, donmuang37 said:

Only AKG & JBL work with my Samsung smart TV! The TV won't connect to Sony & Marshall which both work with my Samsung phone. So be careful. Good luck!

Now that's definitely worth keeping in mind! And I shall! Thanks, donmuang37 ????????

10 hours ago, Tookta said:

Had a few pairs over the last year,. But these are the best by far at an amazing price, connect to my LG TV easily and great battery life. From. Lazada.

Screenshot_2021-11-08-09-42-32-69_39060a31215a48c7aaf1fb3368fa2e89.jpg

Tookta....thanks so much for sending this. Appreciate it! ????????????

Search Lazada for P47.

I paid 97 baht a few weeks back. Pleasantly surprised with sound quality and battery life. Recharge with micro USB (normal phone charger). Also has a slot for TF card. Easy bluetooth connection to TV, phone and computer.

They also fold up for travel. I dont know how they can make them at that price.