Bluetooth earphones for tv. (Thai TV noise destroying my mental health!)

Toolong

Hi everyone,

Just got a new Samsung Smart tv and am in situation now where I am very keen indeed to buy bluetooth earphones to allow my dear wife to watch her Thai TV without the sound driving me mad. 

Does anyone have tips on which bluetooth earphone sets are compatible with my samsung tv (it has a bluetooth option) and are good......and easy to use. And also not so expensive that I'll have to sell a kidney. Would love to not go over 500 baht.....but would if strongly recommended. 

Thanks in advance, folks. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tonray said:

I'm only laughing because the GF is sitting at the table eating breakfast while watching some insane Thai video with absurd sound effects for added measure...bells, whistles, you name it....time for a walk outside before something happens.

???????? Been there, done that! ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, barry553 said:

Just look for the top selling bluetooth headphones on shoppee or Lazada. I got some but can't remember the name, maybe TWS. They are one of the best bargains I have ever bought as they were only 300 or 400 baht and I use them all the time now. 

Good suggestion. Will look out for TWS at that price. If they've worked well for you for some time, I am interested. 

Thanks. ????????????

My wife purchased a set of JBL over the ear bluetooth headphones for me to use when she's watching some Korean soap with dubbed in Thai.  The screeching, hideous, unbearable dubbing that is commonly used over here.

That being said, these JBL's cost about 2,700 baht but the sound quality and length of time between recharges makes them worth the cost.   I'm going n 71 and my hearing isn't the best and I have a heck of a hard time understanding the words being spoken when using the standard built-in Samsung speakers.  The JBL's made a huge positive improvement.  Bye-the-way, I have a Samsung smart TV as well so I know first hand these are compatible.  Actually, any bluetooth speakers should work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, patekatek said:

My wife purchased a set of JBL over the ear bluetooth headphones for me to use when she's watching some Korean soap with dubbed in Thai.  The screeching, hideous, unbearable dubbing that is commonly used over here.

That being said, these JBL's cost about 2,700 baht but the sound quality and length of time between recharges makes them worth the cost.   I'm going n 71 and my hearing isn't the best and I have a heck of a hard time understanding the words being spoken when using the standard built-in Samsung speakers.  The JBL's made a huge positive improvement.  Bye-the-way, I have a Samsung smart TV as well so I know first hand these are compatible.  Actually, any bluetooth speakers should work.

You have to read the audience, we are talking about people who argue about where the cheapest beer can be found. ????

Anyway, I think your right about buying quality. That is if your budget allows it i got some bose and JBL stuff and its great. Its a bit more expensive but it works for years. My GF uses her sony sport earbuds  for TV or for ther Phone.  I use JBL or Bose.

I have gone for cheaper but then you really need to do a bit of research to know what ones are good. It always pays to go to review websites to read up on stuff.

https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks/best-cheap-wireless-earbuds

sorry gents most are a bit more expensive then your 300-600 bt options. 

42 minutes ago, barry553 said:

Just look for the top selling bluetooth headphones on shoppee or Lazada. I got some but can't remember the name, maybe TWS. They are one of the best bargains I have ever bought as they were only 300 or 400 baht and I use them all the time now. 

however are they noise cancelling? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, patekatek said:

Thanks, patekatek.

The noise can be a bit 'unbearable', yes!

2700 baht is pricey, but if they are really really good I could go for them, but I'd certainly try and hunt down cheaper ones first.  Name JBL has been noted. Good brand, I think. Will look for them in local shops. Maybe they've cheaper models.

????????????

1 hour ago, Toolong said:

Just got a new Samsung Smart tv and am in situation now where I am very keen indeed to buy bluetooth earphones to allow my dear wife to watch her Thai TV without the sound driving me mad. 

Have you asked her if she's prepared to use these proposed earphones? I suspect her answer might be for you to wear some.....!!!!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, robblok said:

You have to read the audience, we are talking about people who argue about where the cheapest beer can be found. ????

Anyway, I think your right about buying quality. That is if your budget allows it i got some bose and JBL stuff and its great. Its a bit more expensive but it works for years. My GF uses her sony sport earbuds  for TV or for ther Phone.  I use JBL or Bose.

I have gone for cheaper but then you really need to do a bit of research to know what ones are good. It always pays to go to review websites to read up on stuff.

https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks/best-cheap-wireless-earbuds

sorry gents most are a bit more expensive then your 300-600 bt options. 

That link is mighty helpful, robblok. I can go over 600 baht if required. Thanks for posting that and your comments. Useful. Cheers!! ????????????

(Oh, btw, cheapest beer? Local no-name cash & carry place does it for me, though only Thai suds available. It's a hard life!????)

32 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Have a look here first.  https://bestchineseproducts.com/best-chinese-headphones-and-earphones/

you can order them from Aliexpress. I bought the KZ S10 wired earphones and very happy with them. There are several brands of wireless or bluetooth.

Thanks phetphet.....will check out that link. ????????

Unless I'm mistaken, the OP wants the Bluetooth headphones so his Thai wife can watch Thai TV shows over them -- without using the TV's audio speakers and thus driving him crazy.

It's not like she's going to be listening to the London Philharmonic and needs supreme audiophile reproduction -- in order for her to hear the shouting, shrieking, BONGs, WHISTLEs, DOINKs, etc of Thai commercial TV...

IMHO, just anything that's affordable, comfortable for her to wear and use, and easy to operate (without complicate/arcane headset controls that she'll never get the hang of) is probably going to be a good bet!  IME on the Thai wife technology front, simpler is going to be better.

FWIW, for me at home, I've got both Bluetooth ear buds and the more conventional Bluetooth headphones. Between the two, I prefer the actual headphones for home TV viewing use because...

--they're bigger and less likely to get mislayed.

--the controls on them are simple up/down marked buttons, larger sized, and easy to control vs. trying to remember which little tiny button to tap how many times on the earbuds.

--they're a one piece unit, instead of two, small separate ear bud pieces.

--and they're easy to charge via any old microUSB cable, and don't require their own separate charging case like many of the earbuds.

etc etc....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bojo said:

Have you asked her if she's prepared to use these proposed earphones? I suspect her answer might be for you to wear some.....!!!!!

That is a good point actually! I'm predicting that she might definitely prefer NOT to wear them, but I'll be tactful...... and persuasive! If they dont involve wires and plugging in, etc, should be ok. ????

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Unless I'm mistaken, the OP wants the Bluetooth headphones so his Thai wife can watch Thai TV shows over them -- without using the TV's audio speakers and thus driving him crazy.

It's not like she's going to be listening to the London Philharmonic and needs supreme audiophile reproduction -- in order for her to hear the shouting, shrieking, BONGs, WHISTLEs, DOINKs, etc of Thai commercial TV...

IMHO, just anything that's affordable, comfortable for her to wear and use, and easy to operate (without complicate/arcane headset controls that she'll never get the hang of) is probably going to be a good bet!  IME on the Thai wife technology front, simpler is going to be better.

Very, very wise words there, John. Gotta be simple, comfortable. Actually, for my wife, comfort will be the big factor! Thanks for making me consider that! ????????

16 minutes ago, bojo said:

Point taken, bojo! TBH, I haven't yet mentioned it!! ????????

52 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

however are they noise cancelling? 

From what I understand about noise cancelling, RJR, it won't be an issue cos of room, location, etc and time....I'd mostly want her to use them in the evening, when I'm nearby quietly & contentedly drinking beer! 

6 minutes ago, Toolong said:

Very, very wise words there, John. Gotta be simple, comfortable. Actually, for my wife, comfort will be the big factor! Thanks for making me consider that! ????????

Once you narrow down the field some, have you considered taking her shopping with you and letting her try on and get a feel for a preferred choice (within your established price and other constraints)?

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Once you narrow down the field some, have you considered taking her shopping with you and letting her try on and get a feel for a preferred choice (within your established price and other constraints)?

Yes, I had the same thought. Let her choose. Good idea. 

Only possible downside......she happens to absolutely LOVE the feel of the priciest ones!! Then I'll need to have a contingency plan ready! Or just pay up! ????????