Thailand pass

gr31

I still stuck with some of my questions.
1) Do a general insurance covering the requested USD 50.000 fulfils the needs or is a separate statement from the insurance about the cover of covid issues is necessary?
2) If the company is not willing to give such a statement (because of preconditions, for instance), would it be "wise" to get a specific covid insurance from another company in addition?

3) I booked a SHA+ hotel for 1 day after arrival by booking.com but it is not a package with PCR test. Is a package booking mandatory or is it possible to do the PCR test at the airport at my own responsibility?
Thanks a lot for your

inputs and experiences!

Edited by AlfonsV
missed last sentence

The issue is that I arrive early in the morning and have hours before being able to check-in at the hotel which is in airport area. I would have a plenty of time to get a PCR test at the airport if there is any.
In addition, sure only with speculation and in my dreams, I have a confirmed flight BKK-CNX in the afternoon I may reach, if the regulation change and would allow a quick-test 555.
Dear Salerno, I always appreciate your constructive comments and advices.

3 minutes ago, AlfonsV said:

Did you think of a specific airport hotel?

This one: https://asq.in.th/asq-thailand-hotels/elegant-airport-hotel-bangkok-sandbox Get in touch direct and ask if they can accommodate your needs. This isn't "normal" times so normal check-in times shouldn't apply IMO. No harm in asking.

4 minutes ago, AlfonsV said:

One of the reasons why I booked "my" hotel is that I am allowed to cancel free of charge the day I arrive till 2 p.m.  - means 1 hour before check-in.

Nice try 555

You have to be taken to the hotel, no place to hang around at the airport. When are you heading back? You never know, they could start a system like Samui-plus given the amount of people that head to Chiang Mai (nothing has been said, haven't even seen any speculation, but seems logical to me).

10 minutes ago, AlfonsV said:

I always appreciate your constructive comments and advices.

Thanks and you're welcome.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, AlfonsV said:

The issue is that I arrive early in the morning and have hours before being able to check-in at the hotel which is in airport area. I would have a plenty of time to get a PCR test at the airport if there is any.
In addition, sure only with speculation and in my dreams, I have a confirmed flight BKK-CNX in the afternoon I may reach, if the regulation change and would allow a quick-test 555.
Dear Salerno, I always appreciate your constructive comments and advices.

you will be taken to hotel from the airport, check in no matter what hour it is and tested.

You will wait for results and no charge for any delay. Same people stayed for 28h. In some cases probably more.

They will not charge for 2 nights. It's part of the package.

I never heard about cancellation policy 1h before arrival. Minimum 1 day.

With AQ you can change date without additional fees  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, internationalism said:

you will be taken to hotel from the airport, check in no matter what hour it is and tested.

You will wait for results and no charge for any delay. Same people stayed for 28h. In some cases probably more.

They will not charge for 2 nights. It's part of the package.

I never heard about cancellation policy 1h before arrival. Minimum 1 day.

With AQ you can change date without additional fees  

Thanks you for your advice. However, the Sinsuvarn Airport Suite Hotel SHA+ hotel allows for 2 room categories this cancellation policy

I like to choose AXA insurance in addition to my usual general insurance at Aetna. Thus I will have 2 insurances which cover USD 50.000, one for 1 year Aetna and AXA for 30 days.
I see AXA want to know the preconditions as well, excluding heart and vessel issues. I worry that this leads to some problem when applying the Thai Pass. 

Or not?

I will upgrade Aetna to 2 millions which is good enough for the Thai Pass request - right?
They exclude the preconditions such as heart and vessel issues. I worry that this leads to some problem and may not be accepted when applying the Thai Pass because heart problems may occur along with a covid infection.

24 minutes ago, AlfonsV said:

I see AXA want to know the preconditions as well, excluding heart and vessel issues. I worry that this leads to some problem when applying the Thai Pass. 

If AXA gives you cover then not an issue with TP. 

Does Aetna cover for asymptomatic? If not sure, check. AXA does so worth a few thousand just in case.

• Thanks 1