No lift of alcohol ban

pixelaoffy

1 hour ago, superal said:

Even Jesus drank wine . For sure there will always be those who drink too much or cannot handle their drink but in general having a social drink never did anyone any harm . If you choose to abstain from booze , that is your choice but please do not preach or criticise other peoples prerogatives . 

I agree, nothing wrong with anyone having a social drink, as a lifelong non drinker. I have sat with many farangs over the years, and out of these many I can only think of two who have given people problems through drink.

But in saying that, I know a good few who have died from it, though did not cause problems.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, superal said:

Some might say that the above in bold type is an insult to Thai people . In a recent survey Thailand came 64th out of 200 countries in an IQ study . Let us not confuse a country with a suppressed education system with its intelligence quotient . 

OK I get your point, although I love the Thai people, and accept that the vast majority of them are decent, trustworthy and honest.

Though unfortunately, these are the same people responsible for Thailands dreadful road statistics their lack of intelligence affects us all and not just on the roads.

Sorry about that, but I just want you to see where I am coming from.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Foexie said:

What a big BS. So you only wanna go eat somewhere if you can drink and get waisted???? Like that's the most important thing about going to eat in a rest?????? Maybe the food is the most important??? I never drink alcohol in Thailand when i go eat.  They will make extra money when drinking a coke or a soda.

I think he mean 'wasted'.

????????????????great post, keep it up.

Edited by roo860

11 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

Pattaya not paying enough in envelopes....sad sad that this place is suffering at the hands of this hiso government..so sad for the working people of pattaya

nice little emoji face there ...having problems with your english 

3 hours ago, superal said:

Even Jesus drank wine . For sure there will always be those who drink too much or cannot handle their drink but in general having a social drink never did anyone any harm . If you choose to abstain from booze , that is your choice but please do not preach or criticise other peoples prerogatives . 

He turned it into blood before he drank it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Rumours doing the rounds saying no alcohol sales until the New Year.....which one I,m not actually sure about.....

It's been in the news that keeping bars closed until New Year will be discussed by the CCSA this week.  Not quite no sales, and Pattaya could well be a blue zone by then anyway, but might be at the root of these rumours.

With these clowns in charge anything can happen, I wouldn't hold your breath on Dec 1st, I like everyone else want to get back to a normal world here but it wouldn't surprise me if they pull a stupid stunt and keep us, Pattaya, closed.

Just to add, I was hoping for Nov 15th.

Edited by Golden Triangle
Extra info
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 12:10 PM, jacko45k said:

Has there been some meeting and announcement I have yet to read of?

I was expecting things to open up at the end of the month.

Why Bangkok, Phuket etc get a jump on this, and it is tolerated by Pattaya I fail to understand..... someone paid the piper?

Maybe someone is trying to take over the Breweries 

13 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

My bar-owner-fried said the same but I posted earlier (now deleted) that the CCSA are considering post christmas opening of bars - Should find out next week.

The post was deleted because your headline said "no drinking until January" but the content of the article said nothing of the sort.

It said that the CCSA will discuss the possibility of opening bars when they meet again on Friday.

It also said, totally unrelatedly that they were concerned about gatherings and new-year countdowns.

Stop spreading misinformation.

17 hours ago, treetops said:

It's been in the news that keeping bars closed until New Year will be discussed by the CCSA this week.  Not quite no sales, and Pattaya could well be a blue zone by then anyway, but might be at the root of these rumours.

Yes an interesting video by Mr Egg (a Walking Street bar owner) on Youtube was quoting this saying it was a direct comment from the PM that there will be no bars/nightlife until 2022. We shall see.

55 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Yes an interesting video by Mr Egg (a Walking Street bar owner) on Youtube was quoting this saying it was a direct comment from the PM that there will be no bars/nightlife until 2022. We shall see.

I believe Mr Egg is on a 'talking fast' until the bars open!  I can't see him making it  He's a good talker.

21 hours ago, superal said:

and turned water into wine , condemned drunkenness but was OK with moderate wine drinking saying it was a creation of god  

Even in Genesis 9 v20 ' Now Noah started off as a farmer and proceeded to plant a vineyard..'    Then he and the wife Joan became intoxicated..

1 hour ago, juiso said:

Many beer bars are getting torn down in Pattaya at the moment, probably due to the indefinite ban of the nightlife here.

Yes the beginning of the end for Pattaya. I feel sorry for the younger guys now, all the best places have gone.

Edited by Henryford