No lift of alcohol ban

pixelaoffy

1 minute ago, Leaver said:
16 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If that is the case, it probably goes a very long way to explaining why some foreigners find Thailand so attractive, are compelled to settle down here and then while away their days complaining about it all.

Well, they do continually change the goal posts here, but then again, it really is 3rd World governance, for a 3rd World country. 

It is what it is.

Anyway, if it was all too untenable and too third worldly, they could always leave, no?

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It is what it is.

Yes, but still perfectly fine to invest here.  ????

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Anyway, if it was all too untenable and too third worldly, they could always leave, no?

Everyone needs a Plan B to Thailand. 

I dare say, many are now casting an eye over their Plan B.  

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 5:02 AM, Andycoops said:

It's happening already the large bar complex soi made in Thailand has closed for good and is going to be redeveloped.

by who and into what will give a good clue where Pattaya is heading - someone wants these businesses/spaces  for something, it is still unclear exactly what 

There are a small group/cluster of venues being allowed (or ignored bt police) to sell alcohol right now - the problem is that as a few hundred new people arrive in Pattaya they are all crowding into this one place/area and it is now extremely overcrowded and is at breaking point, anyone living in Pattaya knows exactly where I am referring too and the chaotic scenes there every night now, this pressure needs to be released urgently 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

What? No mention of lifestyle choices and the deeply ingrained cultural mores that spawn the likes of kriengjai and other handy excuses?

Some fancy words that I Googled to understand . Does that make me ignorant or a person of low class ? kriengjai  ? why not say empathy ,  or mores ? why not morals ? I believe you fail to understand that Thailand is an emerging country that has yet to catch up with the western traits of living . There is little doubt that western countries followed the same path of development that Thailand is . Education , not only schooling but social behavior have a long way to go but that comes from the top and a reversal of the suppression on Thai folk who know nothing better .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

Has to be a frustrated English teacher.  ????  

The problem is, Thailand don't want to catch up. 

Those in power here are happy with the constant divide between rich and poor.

What path do you see them following?  

I don't see progress, I only see regress, particularly in relation to political structure.  

I agree, but when do you see this happening?  It's not happening now. 

If anything, covid has shown the majority of Thai people the contempt their government has for them. 

Education is happening at a high level but mostly , only to children of the aristocracy . For those that manage to study in a good western uni , they will receive a decent education and probably a genuine qualification that is difficult to attain in Thailand . As did my ladys niece who studied geology in the UK on a 4 year course , plus she now speaks good English and understands the workings of the outside world . BTW her family are not rich but did make many sacrifices to fund her education . 

On 11/21/2021 at 11:45 AM, DrJack54 said:

Rather than start new thread....

Can someone update bar situation in Pattaya.

Always stay Beach Rd Soi 7-8 area.

Along with that are places like sport bars open? I-rovers an example. 

Thanks for any advice. 

no and soi 6-7 and 8 are shut and in darkness as is LK Metro, the only place serving beer is Treetown and it is packed to overflow every night with hundreds of people getting hammered, those that cannot cram in there are lining the street beside it buying drinks from the 7/11, Pattaya is not open with little prospect of that changing any time soon

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, smedly said:

no and soi 6-7 and 8 are shut and in darkness as is LK Metro, the only place serving beer is Treetown and it is packed to overflow every night with hundreds of people getting hammered, those that cannot cram in there are lining the street beside it buying drinks from the 7/11, Pattaya is not open with little prospect of that changing any time soon

So how/why is Treetown allowed to open ??

Or is the answer obvious ??

On 11/21/2021 at 11:45 AM, DrJack54 said:

Rather than start new thread....

Can someone update bar situation in Pattaya.

Always stay Beach Rd Soi 7-8 area.

Along with that are places like sport bars open? I-rovers an example. 

Thanks for any advice. 

All bars can not legally open.

Those that serve food a trying to make a living, although only soft drinks legally available.

Anyone drinking in Pattaya has to have their eyes on what is going on around them, many places raided by the police and stories of 5K + fines paid by customers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

Pretty obvious - someone is paying big money

They are breaking every covid rule you can dream up and then some

I personally don't want it to be shut or raided but I want to some sensible solutions like opening up another area like LK Metro to relieve the pressure

Just drove past bars between 7 to Soi 9.

As you mentioned.... All Closed.

Very sad sight.

On 11/25/2021 at 3:48 PM, DrJack54 said:

Pattaya R.I.P 

IMG_20211125_153052_950.jpg

IMG_20211125_153031_391.jpg

IMG_20211125_152546_304.jpg

It will be a long time before these types of bars will be tenanted again, if ever. 

Perhaps the Thai landlord will put some caretaker Thai's in to keep the lights on, whilst trying to sell it to a farang newbie dreamer.  

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

It will be a long time before these types of bars will be tenanted again, if ever. 

Perhaps the Thai landlord will put some caretaker Thai's in to keep the lights on, whilst trying to sell it to a farang newbie dreamer.  

It's past that. Most of the bars basically gutted. Next step is bulldoze. Obviously the ones on main roads eg Beach Rd can kick back if stupid rules are removed re alcohol sales. 

Pattaya fireworks tonight (Saturday). No alcohol allowed beach etc but can still cram in for zero social distancing. Mind boggling.

BTW it's not just bars. Businesses and even big hotels seem to be in state of disrepair and not just mothballed.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 5:53 PM, DrJack54 said:

It's past that. Most of the bars basically gutted. Next step is bulldoze. Obviously the ones on main roads eg Beach Rd can kick back if stupid rules are removed re alcohol sales. 

Pattaya fireworks tonight (Saturday). No alcohol allowed beach etc but can still cram in for zero social distancing. Mind boggling.

BTW it's not just bars. Businesses and even big hotels seem to be in state of disrepair and not just mothballed.

Yes highlighted the madness and fact that it's clear there are those in power want to see all these bars gone. No doubt in my mind about that 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Yes highlighted the madness and fact that it's clear there are those in power want to see all these bars gone. No doubt in my mind about that 

It's a joke. I was also fireworks Pattaya last year. The bars weren't packed (open at that time)..

Here is pic Saturday night. This scene across the road from the closed bars. Ridiculous.

IMG_20211127_193110_952.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a joke. I was also fireworks Pattaya last year. The bars weren't packed (open at that time)..

Here is pic Saturday night. This scene across the road from the closed bars. Ridiculous.

IMG_20211127_193110_952.jpg

And buying their beers and taking on the beach. Hilarious

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

And buying their beers and taking on the beach. Hilarious

We took out own ice!.

Just for fun have a zoom of the pic I posted. In centre standing up is tall farang with young Thai daughter....both with masks on.

The vast number of others (Thai) no masks.

Perhaps Mr A might think about the dirty "farang" comment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrandPapillon said:

well at least people are having a good time on the beach ????

maybe that's the new model, cheap happy mood on the beach, instead of being packed in an expensive bar

Don't follow even one bit of that.

I have lovely happy time on beach and also the small open air bars.

The ones between Soi 8-9 on beach road all beers 65 baht. (When they weren't closed). Hardly sheep stations.

5 minutes ago, rott said:

What? Not open again at 5 pm.? 

Yes, last drinks (purchases) at 2pm.

Don't know if this was throughout Rayong but certainly the 7/11,s in the pier areas to Koh Samet. Ridiculous.

We stayed coke cola beach. Never stayed mainland Rayong but was nice. 

Always at Koh Samet for good reason as per pic.

Screenshot_20211124-190922.jpg

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1