E Visa Confusion

Hello. I'm a U.S. citizen applying for a non-immigrant 90-day visa to visit wife. I am trying to use the E Visa portal to apply for the visa. And, I'm confused as on the page where you upload the supporting documents, three of them don't seem to apply to me. Therefore, I have no documents to put into numbers 8, 9, and 10. I am a national of the country in which I am applying, have not traveled recently, and not sure what to say about #10. But, when I click "done", it gives these red-highlighted alerts and the page won't proceed (see photo). Tried calling the consulate in Chicago but couldn't get anyone on the line (I assume they have all fled due to Thailand Pass madness and are now in hiding or just not picking up the phone). 

Anyone else encounter this issue?

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.09.48 PM.png

Edited by JCP108

35 minutes ago, shdmn said:

They didn't separate out the questions for each visa type so a lot of them are not going to be relevant.  I would just put whatever you want in there. 

For #8 I would maybe attach a note saying "I am a US citizen and do not have a residence permit".

For #9, if I have not travelled anywhere in the last 12 months I would just attach an image of the most recent entry/exit stamps.

For #10, I would upload an image of my drivers licence.

I did that and it worked. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

HI,

For number (8) I put my passport back in again, number (9) I put a few blank pages of my new passport as I haven't travelled for over a year, number (10) I  put my drivers licence as this has my address on it, I don't know if theses are right as I haven't been granted a visa yet, but I will post back the outcome, all I know for certain, is that Shdmn is correct in saying ( They didn't separate out the questions for each visa type so a lot of them are not going to be relevant. I would just put whatever you want in there ) this has not changed since I last applied for an E-visa when it first came out......... so its pot luck & good luck to you all........

Cheers

Baz

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

so, I am applying for a 60day TR visa , there are other items as well, eg the Declaration Letter, can I just print it out , sign it take a photo  with it signed , and attach it to the application, OR is it even needed for a TR60

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/tourist-visa

doesn't mention any of the 'additional documents' , so are they or *aren't they necessary.

I am applying to the LA Consulate in California.

The "manual" just is about how to use the overall site, nothing about what 'addtional docs' may or may not be required, very strange.

As I understand it, this is the only way to apply for a TR60 visa from the US now ?

PS:

what is the difference between

8 . A copy of flight confirmation/reservation (The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly)
and
4 . Travel booking confirmation
and
5 . Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand

there is no way to enter any NOTE like "not applicable" , so can I just not submit anything?
9 . Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip.

sigh

1 hour ago, chubby said:

...there is no way to enter any NOTE like "not applicable" , so can I just not submit anything?...

Ubonjoe and others have mentioned that one can upload a photo or scanned copy of a sheet of paper with "not applicable" handwritten, typed or printed on it.

2 hours ago, chubby said:

so, I am applying for a 60day TR visa , there are other items as well, eg the Declaration Letter, can I just print it out , sign it take a photo  with it signed , and attach it to the application, OR is it even needed for a TR60

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/tourist-visa

doesn't mention any of the 'additional documents' , so are they or *aren't they necessary.

I am applying to the LA Consulate in California.

The "manual" just is about how to use the overall site, nothing about what 'addtional docs' may or may not be required, very strange.

As I understand it, this is the only way to apply for a TR60 visa from the US now ?

PS:

what is the difference between

8 . A copy of flight confirmation/reservation (The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly)
and
4 . Travel booking confirmation
and
5 . Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand

there is no way to enter any NOTE like "not applicable" , so can I just not submit anything?
9 . Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip.

I uploaded the same PDF for the "copy of flight confirmation" and "travel booking confirmation". It was for my flights.

I struggle to understand what the "travel booking confirmation" would ever be for... maybe if someone is going on a group tour or something?

I also didn't understand the specific thing needed for the passport pages w/ travel records for... what's that about 12 months since... what? I just put all pages that had a stamp within the past 12 months.

My application was successful. I received the eVisa on the 11th business day after submission (end of March 2023).

Edited by tai4de2

what did you do for the "declaration statement" and "e-signature"

Did you send a photo of a drivers license for the

10 . Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.

Which consulate did you use ?

if 14 days means only business days, might get a little too close to my depature end of the Month ????

iam also applying for the e visa right now.from what has been said is it ok if i just upload a copy of my bank statement which has my address on it (that would prove my address)and state iam a uk citizen that is my permanent residence ??

Or would a copy of not applicable work ?

On 4/2/2023 at 4:38 PM, chubby said:

what did you do for the "declaration statement" and "e-signature"

Did you send a photo of a drivers license for the

Which consulate did you use ?

if 14 days means only business days, might get a little too close to my depature end of the Month ????

Los Angeles

Yes I used my driver license for the proof of residency in the correct consular district.