Kasikorn Bank - Required to have certificate of residency?

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

And doesn't cost anything, unless you have "mug" written on your forehead

And how would you suggest getting one if your Immigration Offices wants payment?  Start throwing your weight around in there and you're going to find any future matters you need to conduct there, somewhat difficult.  The norm is 500 baht, you won't get a receipt and you really don't have much choice.

• Like 1

It is not the bank but who you know. I went to 3 different banks and was turned down. It was like no one wanted my money. My Thai wife's aunt knew someone and we contacted her. She knew someone that worked in K-bank (one of the banks we were refused at). We met at K-bank and she talked with the assistant manager. I opened 2 accounts (1 for my 400K baht, 1 for my wife and I for a working account). All I had with me was my passport, Non -O visa and my rental agreement. Good Luck.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Was not required last year when I opened the SCB account that I have.  Only the passport with long term visa. 

I believe it's a gov't mandated thing.  I didn't say you can't get it done, I just said it's a requirement.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, shdmn said:

I believe it's a gov't mandated thing.  I didn't say you can't get it done, I just said it's a requirement.

Well if it is mandated, both Bangkok Bank opened an account for a friend of mine, and as said, I opened an account last year at SCB and in neither case was the subject of a residence certificate brought up.  Given that I have a drivers license which does require a residence certificate you would think that would suffice.  Anyway this idea that on the one hand the governments supposedly wants everyone to avoid unnecessary social contact and then with the next breath tell you that for no good reason to make multiple trips to immigration is another Thai Keystone cops routine.