Test And Go Hotel Booking Turnaround Time

Hello everyone.

My preferred hotel for my one-day quarantine says they need 3 working days to issue the confirmation letter.  I have already provided them all the documents: passport, flight confirmation, vaccine certificate, and insurance.  Just need to pay, and they want a bank transfer.

Does this seem normal?  How long is it taking other people to get it done?  Does Agoda issue the hotel confirmation letter immediately upon payment?

I theoretically have time to do it this way, but with all the problems getting the Thailand Pass I don't want to burn 3-5 days unnecessarily.  I like this hotel, but it's just one night so I don't care that much.

Thanks!

To proceed the confirmation, please send us deposit as attached either way, also due to the booking traffic, we need at least 3 working days to proceed the confirmation letter after getting all required documents.

I also just got asked for payment by bank transfer which I can't do as my bank has a minimum overseas transfer of $1000 (also most transfers take 2-3 days to arrive which is why they may say 3 days?)

Can someone please advise if Agoda accepts visa card as this hotel wouldn't. This should make a quicker turn around time on the letter?

Booked Elegance Airport for one night Test & Go. Emailed all necessary papers did bank transfer and got confirmation in 30 minutes. Bht 3900 all inclusive.

Test between 02.00 and 14.00 you will get the result at that night. Otherwise at noon next day.

• Like 2

For money transfers to Thailand I use the Wise app (formerly Transferwise) because I don't yet have a Thai bank account.  Pro: reasonably fast, from seconds to a day depending on the recipient's bank.  Con: not in my name, have to send a receipt and trust the recipient can connect the dots.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Booked Elegance Airport for one night Test & Go. Emailed all necessary papers did bank transfer and got confirmation in 30 minutes. Bht 3900 all inclusive.

Test between 02.00 and 14.00 you will get the result at that night. Otherwise at noon next day.

Did you book that with Agoda or directly?

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

I also just got asked for payment by bank transfer which I can't do as my bank has a minimum overseas transfer of $1000 (also most transfers take 2-3 days to arrive which is why they may say 3 days?)

Can someone please advise if Agoda accepts visa card as this hotel wouldn't. This should make a quicker turn around time on the letter?

Yes.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

I followed KannikaP's advice and contacted The Elegant Airport Hotel Bangkok directly.  Staff handled the request in real time, was very responsive, and with a Wise transfer I got my confirmation letter in about 15 minutes total.

I told the other hotel the reason for the cancellation, hope they realize they have competition and might want to raise their bodies from their tushes.  Or who knows, maybe everyone's lined up for those famous burgers.  I'll still consider them if I ever have to do long quarantine again.

Moral of the story:

1. "at least 3 days" is not a normal waiting time, thankfully
  2. Wise is hugely useful for newbie expats in Thailand
  3. Elegant Airport Hotel staff rocks!
  4. TV AN Forum also rocks!

Now for the Thailand Pass application...

This is a copy of my booking confirmation I received immediately after booking via Agoda. This is from a hotel after you screened the "quarantine hotels" only selection. If we look at my highlights, is this type of confirmation sufficient for TP or should I get another one? I purchased this 3 days ago and haven't heard from the hotel in any way. 

435254310_2021-11-0916_21_20-HotelVoucher.thumb.png.8538f59352fead96d4eb7ece8f8a466c.png

2 hours ago, FalangTingTong said:

I followed KannikaP's advice and contacted The Elegant Airport Hotel Bangkok directly.  Staff handled the request in real time, was very responsive, and with a Wise transfer I got my confirmation letter in about 15 minutes total.

Please could you tell me exactly you booked with them? Did you telephone or did you fill in their online form and wait for them to e-mail you? Could you have paid them by credit card?

I booked my Test & Go through a travel consultant found via  "It's Thai Things" on Youtube.

Fast and efficient service for a booking at The Berkeley, Pratunam.  Booking confirmation from the hotel but I did pay the cost directly to consultant by Wise tranbsfer. All sorted in a matter of a couple of hours.

Booking confirmation states  hotel's SHA+ registration number, my flight details and confirmation of transfer,  RT-PCR Test at hotel and the name of the partner hospital. Price includes 3 meals @ 4000baht.

Booked this hotel as it's near an Airport train station as I need to get back there for a connecting internal flight the next day.

5 hours ago, jrmaanda said:

Please could you tell me exactly you booked with them? Did you telephone or did you fill in their online form and wait for them to e-mail you? Could you have paid them by credit card?

I sent an email to the address listed on their website, more or less during Thai daytime, and got a fast response.

I didn’t fill out the online form, but there is one.  Don’t see how that would help, since I wasn’t going to commit before communicating with a human.

I offered to pay CC or Wise bank transfer and they wanted Wise, which was also my preference.  Back in 16-day Quarantine times I had to email my card info which was sort of shockingly unsafe, happy to not do it again.

Thank you FalangTingTong. Can anyone who has received a booking confirmation from Elegant Hotel please tell me what they filled in for "Booking ID" on the Thailand Pass website? I can't see anything that corresponds to this and dare not simply hazard a guess.

22 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

This is a copy of my booking confirmation I received immediately after booking via Agoda. This is from a hotel after you screened the "quarantine hotels" only selection. If we look at my highlights, is this type of confirmation sufficient for TP or should I get another one? I purchased this 3 days ago and haven't heard from the hotel in any way. 

435254310_2021-11-0916_21_20-HotelVoucher.thumb.png.8538f59352fead96d4eb7ece8f8a466c.png

Might be too late but I submitted this for my Certificate of Entry application and it wasn't enough, they need an extra letter that the hotel send you after booking so I assume it will be the same for Thailand Pass.

Also, my email from the hotel was in junk mail (of course) so might be worth checking there.

Edited by Roger That

9 hours ago, jrmaanda said:

Thank you FalangTingTong. Can anyone who has received a booking confirmation from Elegant Hotel please tell me what they filled in for "Booking ID" on the Thailand Pass website? I can't see anything that corresponds to this and dare not simply hazard a guess.

I haven’t done it yet but my letter has a 10-digit Confirmation No. which to me sounds like the same thing.  Very first line of the data section.

I booked using Agoda. The hotel I booked with immediately sent an email with a list of items they needed in order to provide proof of the SHA+ airport transit and RT-PCR tests. I submitted everything they asked for. It took me a day or two to get everything they asked for which included the Travel Insurance confirmations and my passport even though the booking was for my wife and children. I paid using a credit card - BHT 2,000 for each RT-PCR test and BHT 1,450 for airport transit.

As soon as they had everything, I received confirmation documentation soon after - maybe after an hour or so.

When I completed the Thailand Pass application, I used the Agoda confirmation document because the other document didn't show the booking of the hotel. It just showed the payment for the tests and transits. I suspect that I'll need to submit the SHA+ confirmation document before my family receives their QR codes. At least they have time as they don't travel until December 26.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:01 AM, FalangTingTong said:

Thanks everyone!

I told the other hotel the reason for the cancellation, hope they realize they have competition and might want to raise their bodies from their tushes.  Or who knows, maybe everyone's lined up for those famous burgers.  I'll still consider them if I ever have to do long quarantine again.

Moral of the story:

Now for the Thailand Pass application...

Welp I guess its gonna be a TV party----as I arrive at that hotel on Loy Kratong.........got my confirmation too after a bit of confusion as I used Booking/com

Maybe we can send paper notes back and forth prison style.....

On 11/9/2021 at 2:56 AM, KannikaP said:

See you there--I booked it last week---Dibs on the penthouse..

• Like 1