Help me buy a Laptop computer

sirineou

18 hours ago, wombat said:

IMHO...a Mac.

Thank goodness I am not the only person who was thinking this.

If you are only using the machine for surfing, and other simple day-to-day stuff, the latest base model MacBook Air is a fantastic machine. I love mine. All of my Macs have lasted at least 8 years with the only issue ever being the battery needing replacement. That said, the machines are much less "repairable", completely not upgradeable, and finding competent repair shops outside Bangkok is more difficult.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, thepdru said:

Asus is a joke as Acer is, and only someone who knows nothing would advise to buy them.

I hate China but Lenovo are famous to be some of the best and durable computers available.

That's one opinion.  Mine have served me well and still going, especially the ASUSs..

You better not read this:  https://medcpu.com/asus-vs-lenovo-laptop/

Some highlights from link:

While Lenovo laptops are sturdy and reliable, SquareTrade [R] found that they had a 21.5% malfunction rate over three years.

ASUS’s malfunction rate was, however, 15.6%.

However, this does not mean that Lenovo laptops are unreliable.

This study revealed that ASUS is a top-notch laptop manufacturer when it comes to durability.

What does this all mean for Lenovo users?

This means that you will need to maintain your laptop and take care of it properly. If you are a gamer and bang on your laptop key often, get an ASUS.

GAMING - Although Asus has the edge, Lenovo isn’t far behind.

While I don’t think Lenovo laptops are bad in battery technology, they pale in comparison with ASUS laptops.

Price

Do you want to get the best value for your money?

Who doesn’t?

This is where ASUS excels. This is not a budget laptop under $500.

ASUS laptops are high-end, even top-notch laptops at a lower price than other laptop companies. However, ASUS does not compromise on quality or specifications.

Lenovo has some budget laptops, but they are generally more expensive than ASUS.

ASUS is the best value-for-money company.

This brand is well-known for its excellent price points, and its customers have widely appreciated it for many decades.

Edited by KhunLA

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 7:41 PM, Chad3000 said:

I only buy Asus computers. Dell also make good computers. If you just need something to putter around on any name brand will do. Do try and get an SSD drive and 8gb RAM minimum. Windows 11 ready - no sense in buying obsolete kit.

I'd recommend you browse online but buy local and in person. Jib probably has best selection, lowest prices. Go there, unseal the box, power it up. You don't want someone's return.

I have just read your your answerer, have put it on file and you Management a shop or place called Jip could you please till me where they are,as am coming over  in May 2022 and was looking to get one, what should I roughly pay for one. I will be in Chiang Ma & Bangkok. Hoping everything is open by then . Thank's.  

1 hour ago, Sharron Merrilees said:

I have just read your your answerer, have put it on file and you Management a shop or place called Jip could you please till me where they are,as am coming over  in May 2022 and was looking to get one, what should I roughly pay for one. I will be in Chiang Ma & Bangkok. Hoping everything is open by then . Thank's.  

https://www.jib.co.th/web/