STV visa for snowbirds.

I already went to Thailand during 6 months for 10 years in the European winter. Never had any problem and never overstay.

The snowbird tourist visa for 6 months is now suspended and changed to the STV visa.

I bring all the requested documents together and waited quiet one month to obtain the appointment at the Embassy 

Despite off having all the required documents, paid all the asq hotels and condos.  The STV VISA WAS REFUSED BY THE Thai Royal Embassy .

I transfered already 3000 Euro to pay the condo for the winter?

I have 238000 Euro on my savings-account and NO criminal record, a health insurance (covid included) of more than 3 million Euro and still the STV visa was refused.

If I look at the Thai embassy policy I believe there is a double message from the Thai government. 

1° Intern for the Thais: We want to open the country and do all to restart tourism.

2° extern for the Europeans: we only like short term tourism and multimillionaire tourism.

It is really a pitty but as a snowbird i will have to pass my winter in another country. Sorry

• Like 2

I assume you are calling the multiple entry tourist visa (METV) a snowbird visa. About all multiple entry visas were suspended due to corvid 19. In away that was a good move since they would almost be worthless due to the travel restrictions made it almost worthless since you could not easily leave and re-enter the country to get a new entry.

Many embassies and official consulates are now issuing the METV now.

The embassy should of given a reason for denying your STV visa application. I assume it was due to a missing document that they required. Were you applying for it in you home country or country of legal residence?

I too thought about the STV. But the requirements are ridiculous. Even if you have a global health insurance covering Thailand, with more than 1 mill USD cost coverage (including Covid), you still have to purchase an additional Thai issued insurance. That's about 800 EUR for 9 months.

So I choose the 60 day tourist visa, extend by 30 days, and then see how it goes. The STV requirements are over the top.

Edited by MixPiano