So PayPal starting next year we will not be able to recieve payments!

Only Thai business owner will be able to recieve money and hold a Thai PayPal account! 

What is out other operation and please don't say payoneer.  Can we open a PayPal account in a different Country  can we get our partner to opens PayPal account with their local business license? 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Why do you write "and please don't say Payoneer"?

I have been waiting for 50 days for a pending payment. I have sent thrn my Thai bank statement. Thai liscene  UK passport Canadian passport UK driving license and something is always declined. Many company don't  use payoneer to send payments.  Some very bad reviews online. Problem solved just open PayPal UK but you need a phone number for the verification pin

Edited by arick
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I got the message from PayPal today. If they dont accept the occasional payment its pretty worthless to me now. Also looking for an alternative with international status.

It's very strange because millions of thais use it. They closed for either two reasons. Banks complaining or embezzlement! 

• Like 1

Seems like this could have something related to the Nightmare group that sued PayPal, for all that virtual  drink money sad and lonely  people kept purchasing over the internet.   You know the drinks these lonely people were buying during the live streaming, and actually  still do.  In hopes that the ladies will remember  them and reciprocate when the mongers return.  All these virtual  drink buyers have done is help the bar owners, not the ladies,  and over paid for cups of water.  So many drinks were bought that PayPal thought the Nightmare bar group(not their real name) was laundering money.  I believe  it was stated that they were suing PayPal for 6 million  thb that PayPal was holding on to.  It would seem that the powers that be have learned from this, and how this group was not being taxed.  Well perhaps  this is why this PayPal change is come about.  Thanks again Nightmare (NW) group for ruining  something  else for everyone  else just for your benefit.   You already ruined a soi!

From the mail they sent it does seem tax related. No personal accounts will be able to accept money and only business accounts proven to be Thai registered companies can receive funds incoming.

Ebay just got to be a whole pain in the aaassss.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Seems like this could have something related to the Nightmare group that sued PayPal, for all that virtual  drink money sad and lonely  people kept purchasing over the internet.   You know the drinks these lonely people were buying during the live streaming, and actually  still do.  In hopes that the ladies will remember  them and reciprocate when the mongers return.  All these virtual  drink buyers have done is help the bar owners, not the ladies,  and over paid for cups of water.  So many drinks were bought that PayPal thought the Nightmare bar group(not their real name) was laundering money.  I believe  it was stated that they were suing PayPal for 6 million  thb that PayPal was holding on to.  It would seem that the powers that be have learned from this, and how this group was not being taxed.  Well perhaps  this is why this PayPal change is come about.  Thanks again Nightmare (NW) group for ruining  something  else for everyone  else just for your benefit.   You already ruined a soi!

Very interesting! 

16 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

Do you have a link to the original article, please? I do use my Thai Paypal from time to time. 

Log into your Thai pay pal and you will see the notification abd request to sign the new agreement. 

Good thing I held onto my US PayPal all these years. I did eBay selling many years ago, then upon coming to the LOS, online teaching. Teaching money goes into the US PayPal, then to my US bank, then sent to my Thai bank via Wise. No prob. Many teachers doing as I do.

My suggestion to those in this current debacle would be to dig up their old home country PP accts, or set one up.

4 hours ago, arick said:

Log into your Thai pay pal and you will see the notification abd request to sign the new agreement. 

I logged into my Thai Paypal. I recently asked them to change my business account to a personal account. They did so. There is no other notification. I don't know why. I'm just reporting. There's no other inbox email from there, and there's no general notification. All is normal. 

My girlfriend just setup a business and opened a PayPal account.
They'll check a lot of documents, with business license, ID card, inventory receipts, etc.. She did not have the latter, since she provides services to oversea businesses, but the application still went through..
It's only possible to receive payments by generating an invoice in USD from the PayPal website. Trying to pay directly with the email does not work, paying an invoice in THB does not work.
They recently blocked withdrawals and outgoing payments asking for additional information, notably details about customers, receipts, and so on. We could provide all that and within one day the restrictions were lifted.

So I would not recommend opening a PayPal account at this time, unless your girlfriend has a legitimate business.

Edit: If the goal is to receive money from overseas I'd use Transferwise (WiSe) or Instarem.

Edited by SymS
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Good thing I held onto my US PayPal all these years. I did eBay selling many years ago, then upon coming to the LOS, online teaching. Teaching money goes into the US PayPal, then to my US bank, then sent to my Thai bank via Wise. No prob. Many teachers doing as I do.

My suggestion to those in this current debacle would be to dig up their old home country PP accts, or set one up.

You can easily set up an account abroad you just need a friend or a extra sim card in that country to recieve your pass code everytime you log on and you csn tranfer a tranfer to your thai bank easy 

3 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

I logged into my Thai Paypal. I recently asked them to change my business account to a personal account. They did so. There is no other notification. I don't know why. I'm just reporting. There's no other inbox email from there, and there's no general notification. All is normal. 

You can see that it haz made headlines now