Applying for Thai Pass before you leave Thailand

30 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

What detailed docs would we need to do this before we leave Thailand to come back

All the documents in the app to include vaccination record, passport, SHA hotel paid reservation, insurance documents. Must have made all arrangements per the application.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crouchpeter said:

If you arrive back in Thailand before your extension expires, they stamp you with 90 days from your arrival date anyway. Giving you a 15 months stay (approx.), in total.

If you have a extension of stay issued by immigration you will only get stamped in to the day your extension expires and that is same day your re-entry permit expires.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a extension of stay issued by immigration you will only get stamped in to the day your extension expires and that is same day your re-entry permit expires.

I've got the extra 90 days a couple of times, but the visa was processed in Sydney. Perhaps that's the difference?

Anyway, looks like it's very hard to get the Covid insurance if you're over 75!

48 minutes ago, crouchpeter said:

I've got the extra 90 days a couple of times, but the visa was processed in Sydney. Perhaps that's the difference?

Anyway, looks like it's very hard to get the Covid insurance if you're over 75!

That would of been a multiple entry non-o visa that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

It is not even close the same thing as extension of stay issued by immigration that is not a visa. You have to have a re-entry permit to keep it valid when you enter the country.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:18 AM, DrJack54 said:

The insurance might be issue. Think for some companies (all?) you cannot obtain insurance while inside Thailand?

I’m planning on using my normal Thai Health Insurance policy (“Visa Friendly” policy with Pacific Cross) which covers me for 3.5Million & explicitly covers $100,000 for COVID. 

Would this be OK or will I need to get additional insurance? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I’m planning on using my normal Thai Health Insurance policy (“Visa Friendly” policy with Pacific Cross) which covers me for 3.5Million & explicitly covers $100,000 for COVID. 

Think @Sheryl is up with the insurance options. 

I know nothing about them.

As mentioned, I'm interested in this thread as hoping to get back to Oz for couple of weeks.

I do recall that some insurance was not available if currently in Thailand so that might be an issue.

Edit: mike someone just sent me a Tune link. Haven't checked it out 

https://www.tuneprotect.co.th/en/product/travel-insurance

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think @Sheryl is up with the insurance options. 

I know nothing about them.

Am mentioned, I'm interested in this thread as hoping to get back to Oz for couple of weeks.

I do recall that some insurance was not available if currently in Thailand so that might be an issue.

Piggybacking on this as well, I fly out in January and return in February.  If this can be done prior to leaving I would like to do it as it will reduce a little stress.  I have a PCH policy that covers me for the rest of my extension of stay which goes until next November.  The PCH policy covers both HI and Covid.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Piggybacking on this as well, I fly out in January and return in February.  If this can be done prior to leaving I would like to do it as it will reduce a little stress.  I have a PCH policy that covers me for the rest of my extension of stay which goes until next November.  The PCH policy covers both HI and Covid.

Looking to go to UK for a couple of weeks in March (vouchers for flights I’d booked for May 2020 expire in April 2022) so this is a very useful thread for me.

Having said that I’m mulling over the idea of bringing my parents over for 1 month now the restrictions are a lot easier (I’m named for my Dad so am sure I’ll be able to pass him off for me when using the voucher, worked for years with the Emirates gold card, got better treatment that I did ????)

5 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

It will be fine.

• Thanks 1